Muni TY Ride!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
I am hoping the snow will hit right on time. I am still going to keep this ride going so I will be there Wed late eve. I will try and leave a sign in sheet at the front desk. If all is well we will meet in the lounge at 9 am for some breakfast and head out to play. Anyone coming in later please try the pool area 7ish or 9pm in the lounge. I will have the Give-Away depending on attendance. See ya then.

Tom

Tom,

If attendance proves worth while for the giveaway, what day would that happen?

We will not be there untill the early hours of Friday morn, so I will be tracking you guys down.

Thanks - Mike

Here is the latest trail report from Newberry. Things are looking better!

NEWBERRY AREA SNOWMOBILE REPORT
---------------------------------------
January 9 2007 8:30 A.M.

CURRENT SNOW DEPTHS:
5 TO 8 inches on the ground!

LATEST SNOW AND WEATHER:
We have at least 5 inches of snow just N of Newberry and about 10 miles NW of here they have at LEAST 8 inches of snow. It is snowing about 1 inch per hour, but who knows how long that will last??? For our Wednesday forecast, we could see another 4-7 inches and there is snow the rest of the week. We are at 22 degrees right now and expected high of 29. Next Monday, there is a total Arctic blast headed for us and what looks like a major dumping of snow in our area!!! MAYBE WINTER IS HERE??!!!

HAVE FUN GUYS !!!!!!

Leave alittle snow in the corners for me !!!

They just issued a sever weather alert.

Snow Advisory

/O.NEW.KMQT.LE.Y.0001.070109T0918Z- 070110T0900Z/ ALGER-LUCE-NORTHERN SCHOOLCRAFT- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... MUNISING...NEWBERRY...SENEY 418 AM EST TUE JAN 9 2007
...LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST WEDNESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MARQUETTE HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST WEDNESDAY.

A NORTHWEST FLOW AND VERY COLD AIR MOVING ACROSS LAKE SUPERIOR WILL PRODUCE LAKE EFFECT SNOW OVER EASTERN ALGER...NORTHERN SCHOOLCRAFT...AND LUCE COUNTIES OF NORTH CENTRAL UPPER MICHIGAN. THREE TO SEVEN INCHES OF ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL IS LIKELY TODAY AND TONIGHT OVER HIGHER TERRAIN JUST INLAND FROM LAKE SUPERIOR. SOME AREAS NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR COULD ALSO EXPERIENCE SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW REDUCING VISIBILITIES AT TIMES.

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY MEANS LAKE- EFFECT SNOW IS FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT IN SOME AREAS. LAKE- EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS TYPICALLY ALIGN THEMSELVES IN BANDS AND WILL LIKELY BE INTENSE ENOUGH TO DROP SEVERAL INCHES IN LOCALIZED AREAS. USE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING.

If we have enough members show, Sat eve will be the Give-away!! When you sign in at the front desk at Best Western, I will have location on the sheet.

WOW!!! that is awesome!!!! The snow, that is!! not the sign in sheet.lol.... well that is cool too, i guess.lol..... :letitsnow

Last edited:
Yup Muni is gettin rocked right now I will see you all at about noon tomorro. I am leaving at 3 am this morning. What a blessing. The latest that I heard is they have 8 inches on the ground right know, and they are supposed to get 8 more tonight. Yeeeeeeeeaaaaah haaaaaaaaaa. Hope you all can come.

Chad

chadg said:
Yup Muni is gettin rocked right now I will see you all at about noon tomorro. I am leaving at 3 am this morning. What a blessing. The latest that I heard is they have 8 inches on the ground right know, and they are supposed to get 8 more tonight. Yeeeeeeeeaaaaah haaaaaaaaaa. Hope you all can come.

Chad
Chad, if it takes you 9 hours to get to Muni, your riding with the girls!!!
Just kidding , but I hope that includes several long P*SS stops!

Go figure…:o| I canceled my res and the snow starts to fly...#$%&* I checked early today and it did not look promising so I scheduled a big presentation for Friday and now I am stuck.

Wednesdays Trail Report for Newberry.
The snow gods are smiling on TY. Have fun and be safe fellas.

NEWBERRY AREA SNOWMOBILE REPORT
---------------------------------------
January 10, 2007 7:30 A.M.

CURRENT SNOW DEPTHS:
10 INCHES PLUS!!!

LATEST SNOW AND WEATHER:
FROM HERE ON OUT, I MAY NOT BE UPDATING UNTIL BETWEEN 8-9 A.M. I WANT TO GIVE GRAND MARAIS, SENEY, PARADISE AND CURTIS A CHANCE TO GET THEIR REPORTS UPDATED SO I CAN INCLUDE FRESH INFO IN MY REPORTS, SO DON'T CALL ME WONDERING WHY I HAVEN'T UPDATED. IF THERE IS AN UPDATE TO DO, IT WILL BE DONE.

WINTER HAS LANDED!!!! There is anywhere's from 10 inches of snow to a foot or more! Paradise schools are either delayed or closed (I didn't catch which, but ya know when that happens it means serious snow!!!). It is 18 degrees and not expected to be very warm today!!! Light snow in our forecast for the rest of the day, a slight warm up for Thursday and snow for the weekend!!!!

I HAD TO PACK A LUNCH FOR DAN!!! YA KNOW WHY???? BECAUSE HE IS LEAVING SOON TO GROOM #9 NORTH!!!! Groomer Louis will be headed up the #45 trail (Falls). Both are taking trainees with them. THEY ARE JUST PANNING THE TRAILS.

Im at the best western right now!!!!!!! 6-7 inches on the ground and still snowing. Snow is expected all week

You guys have a good time, wish I could make it. Hopefully the March ride! And please don't antbody let Sno-Xr say 'hey, watch this!' Sorry bud, couldn't resist! :)

Back