Pics of Boomer's SRX Project

Boomer

Lifetime Member
I snapped a few quick pictures today of the SRX project that's just about finished. The sled started as a new '02 SRX. It just needs a little fine tuning and she'll be ready for the snow. The pictures were taken in bad light and a few turned out a bit fuzzy, but they give a pretty good idea of what the sled looks like. This sled is my idea of the ultimate Yamaha 2-stroke trail cruising sled.

Here's a short list of some of the major changes to the sled:

*44" wide lightweight front end with Fox Floats and Slydog skis.
*136" Monoshock skid with Ohlins EC shock. 1.5" Ripsaw track.
*Custom Boss seat with Ski Doo Rev style rear. Ski Doo Renegade rear rack fitted to tunnel extension. Custom made Skinz-Protective Gear Storage bags to be used with or without 2.5 gallon gas Jerry-can.
*Electric start and reverse.
*Diamond Pearl White hood with custom graphics by Blown Concepts,

Attachments

• SRX1.JPG
    SRX1.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 62
  • SRX2.JPG
    SRX2.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 74
  • SRX3.JPG
    SRX3.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

A few more pictures........

Attachments

• SRX4.JPG
    SRX4.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 90
  • SRX5.JPG
    SRX5.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 96
  • SRX6.JPG
    SRX6.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 132
  • SRX7.JPG
    SRX7.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 41
where did you mount the adjuster for the rear shock? aren't the dials usually mounted on the tunnel. that thing is one sweet srx!!!

sxviper32 said:
where did you mount the adjuster for the rear shock? aren't the dials usually mounted on the tunnel. that thing is one sweet srx!!!

Maddogs700srx is correct in the above post. The sled has the Ohlins EC shock so there is no dial adjuster on the tunnel. It has the control box for the EC shock mounted on the handlebar next to the hi/lo switch for the headlight. That way I can adjust on the fly.

redsnake3 said:
awesome boomer you've done it again. i gotta sat i LOVE those trailing arms. who makes them?

The trailing arms are made by the same company that I used to make the trailing arms on the VX7R Viper that I built last year. Northern Lites in Columbia Falls, MT. Here's a link to their web site:

http://www.nlites.com/

They make good stuff but that they are, shall I say a wee bit slow. If you want some trailing arms for next season I would order them ASAP. No kidding.

Boomer

Before you said you where going to try to have it get good fuel MPG. meaning just leave the motor stock? or did you do something more?

silver

nice sled! its great the lengths you go for the details, like the monoshock sticker on the rear cover, snoflap, graphics that look like something yamaha could have done themselves. all comes together REAL well! and I got the monoshock FINALLY installed that I got from you a while back, works great :) got any motor pics?

silversnow said:
Before you said you where going to try to have it get good fuel MPG. meaning just leave the motor stock? or did you do something more?

silver

The motor and exhaust is all stock. It's hard to beat the fuel/oil economy of an SRX especially when clutched properly. Those motors don't have all of the latest computer controls like some of the new EPA certified 2 strokes but they are my favorite stock Yamaha 2-stroke motor and they're pretty darn bullet proof.

HI, Where did you got that orange skid plate for that Viper. Need one for SRX...

You've done it again Boomer!!!!!!!! Why on earth aren't you working for Yamaha in their styling department?
Of course the next question is.......................How MUCH?????Me likey!!!!!! :bling:

Back