Viper/RX1 Skies on SRX

ReaperSRX

Would Viper or RX1 skies make a big difference on my 2000 SRX, i really don't have any complaints on handling, but any improvement would help, any major mods involved to switch.......Reaper

sure they will bolt right on, but the SRX skis have a raised sattle and these dont...so this will lower the fron of the sled slightly....trust me my little brother has a set of viper skis on his 98 SRX.

Did your brother notice a 'big' difference in handling over stock skis, i will be installing Ohlins extensions so hight might balance out to same as stock.....Reaper

Before you jump to new skis, you might try SkiSavers from www.bergstromskegs.com. They bolt on between the bar and the skibottoms, and give you two 90* edges to provide more bite. I love them, they keep your skis from wearing on the keel, and help with darting too.

They're $15 I think, or he throws them in free with his wearbars, you can't go wrong!

Personally, with my kind of riding, I'd need a wider ski on an SRX. They're front heavy and just don't float well in deep snow with stock skis...It's up to your personal needs though, good luck!

I gave them a call to order and woah, this guy is great, gave tons of info andon his products and his theory on wear bars and skis, i ordered the ski savers and he threw-in 4 sets or shims for skis ( 3 other sets for my friends with Yamahas!), these shims move weight back on skis as he claims Yamis and others tend to have the weight more to the front of ski, if anybody was thinking of new skis, maybe call and try some of these products before you spend big bucks on new skis.............Reaper

If you check out DennisKirkOutlet.com; find the section on skis and assesories or wear bars, you'll see that the Bregstrom Ski Savers are on closeout for something in the order of $2.50. Not a bad deal. I may have to get a few.

Later,
Jon

Back