New mods and still no snow

yamyrider

I added large rear wheel, already had the larger front skid wheels, light weight wave brake rotor, light weight windage plates, cleaned carbs, replaced chaincase bearings, cleaned clutches....was going to repaint my Aaen pipes but with the lack of snow this year I am not very motivated.
I still love the look of the SXR.

How do you like your Aaen pipes?Are they very temperamental and hows the noise level compared to other pipes?I like my sled as is, but would'nt rule out a set of pipes if the price was right.Also what kind of gas mileage?It seems that mileage really suffers with some pipes.I'll do a snow dance for ya, I can't believe you don't have snow up there as its even getting decent in northern Mi, take care and I appreciate your input, later Josh

the pipes made a big difference in power and not tempermental at all. The are no louder then the bender can I had on the sled before and the gas mileage is still beter then the polaris and cat guys I ride with sometimes.

Swede the Aaens are a good trail pipe. Gas mileage for me went down about 20km per tank of fuel (about 15 miles) so not bad. That was on a 600 SX.

Sounds like your sled is coming along there yamyrider, all you need to do is skim across the lake to the Bruce peninsula and you'll be happy. I got stuck about 8 times today with the SRX. We just got pounded within the past 36 hours. Might be an extra foot on the ground since Friday... and we've been riding on open trail for the past few weeks. It's only 7 hours from Sudbury to here... come on down lol.

Hope the snow comes for ya soon.

Thanks Change Up, thats not much of a difference as far as mileage goes.I remember reading an article way back in '97 in snow tech about those pipes.Olav Aaen says they leaned towards torque instead of max top end hp when designing them.Which makes sense with you guys saying there such a good trail pipe, later Josh

Back