Turbo'd Apex GT

Srxspec

Your #1 performance shop!
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Posted these over on the Ty4stroke side and figured you'd guys like to see em as well. This was done right after Christmas.

-------------------------

MC Xpress Kit
ApexGT024.jpg

Been in the shop since 6 AM this morning. The progress so far.
ApexGT025.jpg

I'll keep posting photos along the way. Next thing coming off is the head!

Time to put the head back on.....

Some more pictures...

Head Gasket on.
ApexGT039.jpg

Head on and torqued using Yamaha's specs then loosend 1/2 turn and retorqued to 38 & 10 lbs ft (thanks for the tip Ted Jannetty).
ApexGT040.jpg

Turbo oil adapter installed.
ApexGT041.jpg

Oil pump install.
ApexGT043.jpg

Wow nice steps in the picsMc could put those in their full break down instructions,lol

This sled has now come and gone to a customer in Chicago. He put 400 miles on it last week. All his buds have stock Apex's and he said he only used enough throttle to stay slightly in front of them all week, he never held it wide open. LOL!

It is rated at 265 hp at the crank on 12 lbs of boost with pump gas.

Shortstop, come over with jr_amsoil, I have a Apex ER sitting here that I'm in the middle of installing a Simons CPR front mount turbo kit on.

Well it showed up here brand new with 0 miles on it. I put 26 miles on it before tearing into it. From tear down to complete reassembly (includes clutching, studding the track, changing the skis, etc) was 60 hours.

SrxSpec.
Thats my buddy friends sled.Before he got that sled he was asking me who to send it to and after talking to MR. SLED we sent him to you glad everthing worked out. They took it out before they went to the lake and my buddy called me from the field they were riding in and said it was a MONSTER!!!!!. He said if you grab a hand full of throtle you better be hanging on it would literaly come out from underneth you.He could not believe the power he said it scared him(but loved it).When he rode it on the lake he said he was passing anyone like they were standing still no mater who or what it was!!! Well to make a long story short
my buddy came back from the lake and bought a new GT so SrxSpec you will see another one next year. Thanks again for taking care of my friend. OLDGRAY.

Last edited:
I was thinking about a blower on the MTN Apex. What numbers would I see on an Apex with a blower using pump gas. what would you recommend? turbo or blower?

Back