Riding in Illinois-finally

Yesterday got to ride from my friends house in Elburn all the way to Sycamore on legal marked trails (most of it) until we found a bar and grabbed a burger and a beer. Talk about living. Its official, Im gonna keep my sled for another year at least. Sure is nice not having to drive up to the U.P. to go for a ride. Once again Im a happy man. My Viper ran awesome by the way, 2762 miles and still feels like new. I will be contacting the club that marks the trail to volunteer (Dekane snogoers?) and help out. Even if I only do this once a year its well worth it. Hope all you Chicago area guys get some local riding in. :winterrul

It was Great to see the snow come down yesterday, but my sled broke last weekend up in Antioch on the lake , lost compression . just got back, droped it off by Bruce @ CB Performance . My kids are disappointed No RIDE. If possable could you send me some info or directions or a web site on the trails you mentioned I would like to chk that out for a day trip w/ the kids. have fun safe season. Tony

I was up in Antioch last weekend we just ran the river & blasted some lakes I would have liked to run the Fox river into WI & locate some trails but I broke down , I have a friend who lives in Trevor , they run the ditches to get to racine co. trails he said they were rideable.

I live in racine county and the trails are rideable but i definately would not call them "good" by any means. Was hoping maybe there was something better with all the new snow down in illinois

The trails were alot different than what Im used to (U.P) and I wouldn't bring kids out on them but I had so much fun. Had to do some ditch riding to get to the trail but there were drifts up to 4 feet deep at spots. So much fun I didnt care if we were only doing 30 to 50 mph. I do tend to like tight twisty technicall riding so I was happy as can be. Ill find out where my friend got his local trail map.

Thanks chitownpete, Ha Yamaholic22 south suburbs got more snow than north suburbs I think chicago got 8.5" down south in springfield got 12". I havent been up to the Mc henry co. trails this year my buddy in fox lake said the same thing just ridable?? when the snow is good southern WI is good riding I remember Delavan area was nice even groomed ok for flatland farm field riding..looks like your going to get some snow sat & sunday looks like were in for a few more inches???

Back