Need some help with trailering this sled

kysledneck

Some know I was the high bidder on this SRX If all goes well I could pick it up this weekend (If the guy sends me some more pics!) Take a look @ the pick w/ the damage right front also the trailing arm bolt is broken off still in the bracket! ,how would you trailor it home? I have a triton 2 place but set up to carry one dead center just have the ski hold down bar but w/ the damage not sure if it will work! Thanks

Attachments

• sled3.jpg
    sled3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 13
  • sled2.jpg
    sled2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

i know a guy who was in the same situation as you...what he did was remove the trailing arm/ski assembly then put rubber padding down and a bunch of old blankets....sat the sled on that then strapped it down tight.....it worked out very nice.

Dave_Vmax600 said:
i know a guy who was in the same situation as you...what he did was remove the trailing arm/ski assembly then put rubber padding down and a bunch of old blankets....sat the sled on that then strapped it down tight.....it worked out very nice.
So do you mean strap the front bumper down pull the nose down?

i would strap the front bumper to the crank bolt that goes through the tie down bar with a ratchet strap, if you have it

put a 6x6 block under the bellypan and strap it down. you need a bolt, I have one. Maxdlx

maxdlx said:
put a 6x6 block under the bellypan and strap it down. you need a bolt, I have one. Maxdlx

I agree. I wouldn't mess around with taking it apart whereever it is. Just get a few straps on her to a few solid locations and run it. It's not going to go anywhere.

If you only pull down to compress the springs an inch or 2, then they will still absorb the shock from bumps. If the sled is not secure due to the damage it has then you may have to tighten down further.

Come to think of it, I remember bringing a red 700 sx home from Muni that for some reason was in the same shape. I just put the ski bar on it, and trailered it home. No problem. I wish I could remember why? Maxdlx

maxdlx said:
Come to think of it, I remember bringing a red 700 sx home from Muni that for some reason was in the same shape. I just put the ski bar on it, and trailered it home. No problem. I wish I could remember why? Maxdlx
I thought of that but wasn't going to bring it up. I think it had something to do with gremlins . . .

Be sure to tie the back end down, again compress the skid only an inch or 2.

Back