Did I just get ripped off? Need opinions on what to do

Bearit

Hi Guys
Just wanted to get a opinion on what to do,I recently won a auction on ebay for a hauck 780 bigbore(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=330089063327&rd=1&rd=1) I thought that this was a great deal and I just knew it was to good to be true,
Right after the auction ended he sent me a email saying that there was a problem with the bigbore,he said he had a accident and the center cylinder was cracked and he wanted more money for the kit as he has to have the cylinder replated and welded.
So I replied that I should be the one asking for money off the kit as he never changed the listing to say one of the cylinders was #$%&* and not the condition that he said it was,

I asked for him to send pics of the parts so I could see exactly what I was getting and he said why dont we just call off the whole deal,I said to send pics to me,He replied that he sent all 3 off the cylinders out to be replated because he was scared they might be bad,then he emailed back and said the shipper had not sent the box and he said he would send me the complete kit and pay for the shipping for the same price if I took it as is,From my experiance most of the time when a cylinder goes so do the rings,piston,and head all have damage

I have sent him 4 emails asking for pics of the parts with no reply,I could give out his name and addreess but I wont until I have no other options but that would be the last resort.I know that it was a risk not being able to see the parts and just talking his word that the parts were in great shape,but I have never got any snowmobile part off ebay or here from fellow sleeders that were not as described and not been happy with,Just to let you know I have not paid for the parts so the money is not the issue,I just think he is making excusses so he does not have to send the kit for the price I got it for.and also a stall tactic so I will just say screw it and walk away.
Any opinions or ideas would be great. :o| :o| :o|

And one other thing if he is a member of this great site and reading this lets get this sorted out (SNOWMOBILERS DONT #$%&* OTHER SNOWMOBILERS)

Thanks Steve

Last edited:

I would not pay and wait to see if he reports you as a non-paying bidder. If he does, keep all of your correspondance with him and ebay will most likely cancel your winning bid. If he doesn't report you, nothing lost. "i had a accident" sounds a lot like "my dog ate my homework".

he wants more money. he knew the risks putting it up there auction style with a low reserve and he under-estimated it and now he's tryin to do the go-around with you. thats my opinion. $755 is like giving it away and he knows it and is upset... but thats how ebay works

sxviper32 said:
he wants more money. he knew the risks putting it up there auction style with a low reserve and he under-estimated it and now he's tryin to do the go-around with you. thats my opinion. $755 is like giving it away and he knows it and is upset... but thats how ebay works

ill second that

Same thing w/ me & the SRX w/ a brand new big bore kit, Guy would not send any under hood pics, no contact untill I told him I was done spent my $ on other things! Just walk, let it go, do not give it the time of the day.

Drop the deal and report it to Ebay. This sounds very much against Ebay rules and unethical as well (who cares for ethics anymore :whine: ). Once you realize that you are dealing with a jerk, drop it as soon as you can. I would most definitely report it to Ebay as he may choose to do the same from whatever perspective he has. Once you realize that he has no problem screwing you, why would you attempt to contniue dealing with him? An old saying . . . Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me . . .

You were right, too good to be true usually is.

Last edited:
I would hold out and tell him you want what was advertised for the price you won it for. It's not your problem even it he did break it but most likely his jaw dropped when he saw he only got $755 and he is trying to fudge up an excuse. He does have a 170 positive feedback score.

Report it to ebay.It will save you from him trying to give you a bad reading when it's actually his fault.I woulkdn't go through with the deal if he's this shady who know's what else he's leaving out.

My take is that he was foolish enough not to add a reserve and it sold much cheaper than he wanted it too, so he is trying to either back out or get the additional money that he had hoped it would sell for.

At least you have not incurred any expence so you have not really been ripped off. Tell him to shove it up his a$$, and I would definatly report it to ebay. It is a legal binding contract.

I'd tell him you want the kit in good working order like you won it. Get ebay involved. My guess is there is nothing wrong with it. Have him ship it to you, and then pay him. Maxdlx

bigbore update

Hi guys
Just wanted to update on the bigbore kit,First of all thanks for all the replies,Its great to her other opinions on a very #$%&* up situation,He has still not contacted me,I have sent a complant to ebay and have recieved a confirmation that they have recieved my complaint,Also 2 days after the auction I got a email from another ebay guy,here is his email he said I could share it with you.

Hi I was tryen for days to get a hold of him finally i got his phone number i called and asked him if he did a compression test on it Then he came up with the excuse that he was out riden the sled the same day i called and he blow up the motor and a piston was bad but cylinder he said was still mint. He was goin to figure how much he was goin to sell it for the way it was or buy new pistons. He told me he was takin it off ebay due to the blow up and that was 1 day 22 hour left. then he was goin to call me back cause i was interested in his roller secondary and primary. He had a couple bad ratings and he sounded fishy on the phone. JUST MY OPPION!!!! GOOD LUCK

This totaly Contradicts what he told me! So I will just hold out for a bit and see what happens,I wont say his name and where he lives unless this cant be resolved,and this is not meant to be a threat to him(or maybe it is)I just dont want him doing it to anyone else on this site like I said before

(Snowmobilers do not #$%&* other snowmobilers) or maybe I am wrong?

Thanks Steve

"IN EXCELLANT CONDITION" He is not wanting to let it go for $755. He just lost his a**.

I would report him to ebay and walk away.

Back