COPS SAY do up the strap

bluewho

110 bucks lighter.... due to not haveing my helmet strap done up in good old ontario.Man i have been rideing for 35 years now without doing it up and never a warning or any advertizment of the fact its illegal.Price to pay for being lazy i suppose.......

bluewho said:
110 bucks lighter.... due to not haveing my helmet strap done up in good old ontario.Man i have been rideing for 35 years now without doing it up and never a warning or any advertizment of the fact its illegal.Price to pay for being lazy i suppose.......
Must be OPP. They don't give any slack.

If you ever have an experience like I did, you would strap it. Lets say if i hadn't I'd be toothless right now. Maxdlx

Oh yea the shelborne potato pickers for shure.I have heard of it before but always the other guys.....this was a sat ride with the wifey following in the rear.The thing is i rode by them after unloading and turned around when the sled was warming up!!Trail sticker.plate.insurance.no can i thought i was legal man..he said to many people gitting killed.Time for some velcro on the strap or a gwick release.lol MAXDLX your right i am being lazy i know it..BLUEMONSTER 8dnoo with the holes drilled out to take healclicker bolts.

Last edited:
The OPP are just a bunch of idiots. They let countless people speed in cars in excess of 150 kph without blinking which results in major death toll. All they know how to do is put on check stops. How many of those guys are out at night catching speeders and drinkers on sleds in their prime time? Instead they want to pull over for petty infractions in the day that rarely ever cause any problems. The OPP are lazy pr*cks who target the wrong people!

in northern wisconsin their was a path in town cutting through what looked lik an ally or raod leading to a cafe. it was completely packed down and looked like the trail. we drove across it to get to the cafe and their was a prick of a dnr guy setting their and he gave our leader a $250 ticket for tresspassing. i swear you could not tell this from the trail. we went by their the next day and he was just setting their writing out tickets to everyone who crossed. they wouldn't put up a sign or rope or anything. when he pulled us over he got out and said he was giving the leader a ticket and if he didn't fess up he's give everyone a ticket and he didn't even say what it was for. it turned into a pretty good shouting match. the next day he was in the snowmobile store right across from there talking to the chamber head lady or whatever she was talking about the routy tresspassers he gave a ticket to yesterday. he didn't even know we were right behind him because we ahd our face masks on still. we talked to the lady after he left and told her the whole story as he completely lied about it. she said after every weekend the chamber mailbox is full of letters and emails about how they were teated by this prick. she even called him a prick who was to high up on his horse. just so you guys know this guy hangs out by manitowish sports in mercer wi and he is about 50 fairly tall and medium built and drives a maroon dodge ram watch out for him

i dont agree with the ticketat all. But i would strap it gentlemen i know of a 17 year old boy that hated wearing a helmet on his dirt bike and just put it on and didnt strap it he thought it took to much time. he laid in a coma for 6weeks i know for sure and he is still on the long long road to recovery because when he crashed the force of it made the helmet come off before his head hit the ground face first. im no saint sometimes i have forgotten being in a hurry but evertime i dont do that i think of what happened to that kid

woolyviper said:
Must be OPP. They don't give any slack.

i wouldnt say that. on the weekend i was driving my dads piped formulaIII and my buddy was riding my vmax piped aswell.

(BTW pipes are illegal in ontario)

i stopped to help him get his sled out of the bush.

he didnt have anything to say about the pipes afterwards. just said it sounded nice haha.

Dave_Vmax600 said:
i wouldnt say that. on the weekend i was driving my dads piped formulaIII and my buddy was riding my vmax piped aswell.

(BTW pipes are illegal in ontario)

i stopped to help him get his sled out of the bush.

he didnt have anything to say about the pipes afterwards. just said it sounded nice haha.
i bet he doesn't remember you next time.

You know, if the strap isn't done up on your helmet, it can come off.. You're right, he was being a prick, you should have got a warning.

i disagree, some of the opp guys can be real @ssholes, but on the other hand... there is a few really nice ones out there who will give you a warning or just turn there head to a minor infraction. I've had dealings with both, and its usually the younger officers that are pricks, i guess there out to prove something or be a hero.

Dont get me started..... I like COPS almost as much as I like a CHAPPED A$$ !!!!! The young ones ar trying to get a promotion.. Thats why they act the way they do.. I'm sure a "strap up your helmet" would be sufficient,,,but,,,,, Once an A$$HOLE,,,, ALWAYS an A$$HOLE!!!!!!

ha ha Wow it seems like ontario which is trying to get more people there for their snowmobileing are chasing them away. I really dont have any ambition to go there at all, you hear to many horror stories.

Back