Hope this is true

chadg

VIP Member
Heavy Snow Warning

/O.EXT.KMQT.HS.W.0001.000000T0000Z- 070227T0300Z/ ALGER- INCLUDING THE CITY OF...MUNISING 333 PM EST MON FEB 26 2007
...HEAVY SNOW WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MARQUETTE HAS CONTINUED THE HEAVY SNOW WARNING...WHICH IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING.

EXPECT 1 TO 2 INCHES OF ADDITIONAL SNOW TONIGHT. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL FALL THIS EVENING SOUTH AND WEST OF MUNISING...WHERE STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL WILL REACH 18 INCHES AROUND TRENARY.

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

As of this morning, I heard they had 12 new inches and it was still snowwing!! Thursday cant get here soon enough!

You are not kiddin. I officially have the freakin itch. From what I hear they are supposed to get more thurs and Friday, when another low pressure comes in.

quite a bit of snow around Negaunee now. If they would have groomed the trails would have been very good

I just blew out the driveway. There was a good foot on the ground that fell today. Not snowing right now, but I here it's on it's way again. This should be a good weekend in the U.P.

xtc700jeff said:
Do you ever ride or are you always on TY??? LOL , J/K
I'd like too,, snow around here really took a hit man in the last week
and haven't got alot back, don't worry i ride..LOL

How does it look around the Gran Marais area? I am leaving tomorrow night for a week in Paradise and I can't get an up to date snow report at all.

"I am leaving tomorrow night for a week in paradise" Wow BBlueSRX that sounds like a fun ride, Is that where the grass is green and the girls are pretty. J/K Last time I checked they had over 12 inches.

Chad

Down in in the southern UP we dont get sh*t all winter and now 12-14 last weekend and this is in the forecast... to bad my sled is out of comission :o| oh, well looks like i'll just have to run the groomer...

/O.CON.KMQT.WS.W.0003.070301T0600Z- 070303T0000Z/ DELTA- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ESCANABA...GLADSTONE 1131 AM EST WED FEB 28 2007
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM THURSDAY TO 7 PM EST FRIDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM THURSDAY TO 7 PM EST FRIDAY.

LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT...THEN INTENSIFY THURSDAY AFTERNOON. THE SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES THURSDAY NIGHT. IN ADDITION TO THE SNOW...VERY WINDY CONDITIONS DEVELOPING THURSDAY AFTERNOON WILL CAUSE SIGNIFICANT BLOWING SNOW...PRODUCING NEAR WHITEOUT CONDITIONS. BY FRIDAY EVENING... MANY LOCATIONS WILL SEE 12 TO 15 INCHES OF WET...HEAVY SNOW. ADDITIONAL MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL COULD CONTINUE INTO SATURDAY AS WELL.

Back