Another great TY ride!

Sno-Xr

Thanks again MrSled for putting everything together.
I unfortunatly missed out on the Demo ride, but everyone seemed to love the new Nytro!!( I guess I'll have to rip up the trail on NosPro's next year!!)

It was great meeting more of the TY members, and seeing some of the TY ride regulars.
NosPro managed to climb into the Icemachine, Again!!lol ;):D
Cant wait to see everyone again next year.
SnoXr

Sno-Xr said:
NosPro managed to climb into the Icemachine, Again!!lol
And I got tired, went to bed, and missed it again . . .

A great ride once again, looking forward to the posting of the pics. Wish I was more adept at taking photos myself. Of course the first step might be to buy a digital camera that is small enough to take along, and can be kept warm enough to work.

The Nytro RTX is the first Yamaha sled that truly beats the Rev in ALL of the categories that I could test out. It took 5 years, but they have finally done it. You guys have got to ride one to feel the difference. I knew from seat time on the Phazer last year that there had to be good things coming. How nice to see that most of it comes this year in the form of the Nytro RTX. Oh, by the way, it pulled the Apex RTX to 90 mph (don't tell the Yamaha guys . . .). Incredible weight transfer, but still keeping superb cornering. Don't get caught up in comparing this machine to others on paper alone. It just doesn't make any sense.

I am looking forward to my seat time on the new Rev so I can make a fair comparison. I won't mind if Skidoo has upped the ante, because it will only keep Yamaha working hard on the next models.

Yes a great weekend.
Ding you would have loved the open area we found Sunday am. All I can say I wish I had a camera. It wa just powder and more powder :)

Thanks Tom for putting this together. If anyone has been on the fence about going on a TY ride, DO IT. Great times

Ding, I don't carry my camera much either but I was able to get one good shot...

What was this guy thinking??? Looks like the kind of guy that wouldn't have enough gas in his sled to get it to start... :dunno:

Attachments

• IMG_1868_2.JPG
    IMG_1868_2.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 32
Bigmax said:
Ding, I don't carry my camera much either but I was able to get one good shot...

What was this guy thinking??? Looks like the kind of guy that wouldn't have enough gas in his sled to get it to start... :dunno:
I wish I had been there to see that !!!
Dave just has to keep in the limelight don't he? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anybody who takes attention away from my own stupidity is my hero !!!

Sorry Dave, but you sure are an easy target . . .

Actually I think Dave thought he was still on his sled, and was just gonna catch some air !!!

Last edited:
Was kinda hoping that pic wasnt going to turn out!! #$%&*
Always an adventure on these TY rides! ;):D

Damn we had a great time!!! At least I know I did...lol, I will try and get pics posted soon. I would like to say THANK YOU to all that attended and to Yamaha for the Great Demo Ride!!!

Good Times !!!! and who invited those crazy arctic cat people to the garage?...... :D:DP
also, thanks to Jen for bringing the deserts! can't wait till her and gina are on the same ride together again! between both of them baking stuff... we should all go home about 5 lbs. heavier..... right, sobfrogg! wish i could have tried one of those rice crispy treats!

Last edited:
ya what a good time...i'm so tired yet lol .it was worth the drive thru all that rain and snow.the snow was awesome up there and so were all the guys .

a BIG thanks to tom ( mr.sled) for making my b-day special on sat.he surprised me with a b-day sundae @ the restrurant and everyone sang happy b-day.it was hard holding back the tears.you guys are great.

thanks to dave (sno-xr ) for belt and the tow out of car on sunday.

i cant wait to see some of the pics.we still need more because seems you always miss something good :)

mark ( sledhead) i didnt even eat treats and i gained 5lbs lol

and also would like to thank rob from yamaha for dinner @ foggies and leting us look at nytro @ our hotel garage.you wouldnt see anyone else doing that.big props to tom for setting that up also.

mike ( s.x ) thanks for getting stuck it made me laugh.and say hi to kenny lol

chadg thanks for riding along it was a blast having you.

bob ( mr.sleds bro ) for buying drinks for everyone after dinner on sat.

all in all you have to come up if you havent you'll have alot of great memories and laughs.just rest up :)

mike ( s.x ) thanks for getting stuck it made me laugh.and say hi to kenny lol

Thanks for getting my sled outa that bottomless pit, I thought I was gonna hurl in my helmet I could NOT catch my breath after the 3rd try. I think the bumper was over Chad's head LOL

If you thought that was funny, shoulda seen my "get off" on Saturday morning. Not to mention having the worst hangover ever I managed to catch a HUGE hole that sent me flyin, thank god it was a wide open area with powdery snow, didnt hurt a thing cept my pride. Yeah and I thought me head was pounding before that. You would have been falling over laughing

Oh BTW, Kenny said "you guys rock", and wants to attend every year, and a big ol FU about the "kenny" thing LMAO

Well, Well. WOW is all I can say. I am still thinkin about the trip and it is Tuesday. I should be over it by next week some time. Unreal what a blast. I was actually sad when I got home and unloaded the sled and put her in her resting spot. To bad it was the last trip of the year. I wish it could be a year round thing. But maybe that is what makes it special, when you only have limited time to make the best out of all the trips you can take. Or maybe it is better that we dont have ty rides all year round, because I think that I could turn into an alcoholic.LOL. J.K. Anyways I would like to thank all the people that I met for the first time, and all the familiar faces for making the trip. These are memories of a life time.

Mr. Freakin Sled: Thank you first of all for all of your time and hard work you do for this site. You really have somethin special goin here. Thanks for bringin your brothers, they kind of remind me of ummm ummm U. lol. Good times. Hope they can make more next year.

Richie Richster: Thank you for always taking the time out of your day to bring me parts to the ty rides. Rich (the human GPS) always always good for a white knuckle off trail ride. It was a pleasure.

Jen and Mark. What can I say "stand up people". It was fun offtrailin with you guys as well. I think we averaged 1.5 miles to about 4 of us gettin stuck at a time. But that is what it is all about. Thank you two for offering your room to me if I could not find one. and for all of the treats Jen.

LMAO at Mike S.X it wasnt over my head. I am not that short I am 5ft 6. LOL> Nice ridin with ya. Look forward to next year.

Dave and Danny: always a pleasure and a blast you crazy fools. LMAO at DAVE You went offtrail with your truck. You are hardcore!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for offering the carpool.

NosPro Terry (IceBox): Thanks for helping me out with the room I greatly appreciate it. I told ya we could fit 2 in the ice box until you get blasted with an avalanch. Still dont know who did that but I would have done it to.LOL.

Well I feel like I am in high school again writing in yearbooks. This summer should be miserable. But that is why you have pics to look at. Hope to see all of you next winter and hope to meet many new faces.

Chadg

Chad... Chad..... Chad !!!....... i need to thank you for that little blast of baby powder.. :rofl: .... jen had to wait till we got back to the room to tell me..... i like it! simple yet funny and not harmful at all....... i had too laugh! the great thing is..... i have all summer to think about it! let me get my pics. downloaded and i will throw them on here..... give me a few minutes maybe 10 or 20.... i'm not a great computer wiz!

Well I will say more of the same things…..

Tom thanks for putting together another great ride, I sooo enjoyed the Nitro and the take off NOS Pro had at that one intersection..I still laugh when I picture the look on those guys’ faces.

I am horrible with names but I enjoyed talking to all of you and thanks to Sleddheadd for letting us know what hotel the demo ride was at (I had days inn in my mind for some reason)

Ding thanks for helping/teaching me how to get unstuck even when I went about 5 feet and got stuck again. PS. I carry a camera with me all the time, what I need is someone to tell me to get the darn thing out.

I can’t remember the names of the Guy and his two sons, boy did we have some laughs on Saturday and remember if you see a blue ford van stuck on the hill on MI 28 with some guy jumping up and down on the back bumper try not to laugh to hard

Thanks to Buda, Yamaha doc, and NOS Pro for allowing two off trail rookies to tag along on Saturday that was the most fun I have had riding in along time.

:winterrul

this one is great!!! too bad they weren't standing the opposite way!! (read thier shirts)

Attachments

• IMG_0127 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0127 (Small).JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 13
Awsome pics Sledd, the one with crewcheif and wingnut is funny as sh*t!

Sno-Xr said:
Awsome pics Sledd, the one with crewcheif and wingnut is funny as sh*t!

That's me, funny Canadian guy at your service. It's going to take ages to download all my video, and then edit it for the hopefully 30 secs worth of good stuff. Will post it eventually but I have no timeframe.

Back