Malinoski's Brainerd Championship

You and I will NEVER even get a chance to ride the $40,000.00 4 stroke sled that he races!!!! it really BUGS ME when the racers "HYPE" their sleds as NORMAL sleds that you could buy at your local YAMAHA dealer... Like I said before,,, WE will NEVER get the chance to ride those sleds OR even LOOK UNDER THE HOOD too closely!!!!

I am just repeating what was told to us at the demo ride but the new Nitro is the same sled with the exception of shocks and tunnel/frame reinforcements. And I can tell you first hand it is an unbelievable sled….no studs and it will stand right up off the line, tons of power and it feels light and nimble

Rex,,,, I am not trying to bust your bubble,,, but,,,, you and I will NEVER get our hands on a sled like that.. They port and polish and tweek and tune and cut and straighten and bore and hone ENERYTHING ON THAT SLED to get it to compete with all the other sleds out there!!!! I am NOT SAYING that the nitro is not a GREAT SLED,,,, you and I could NEVER get it to do what those guys do!!!! We just don't have privvy to all them parts and all that information!!!!

another thing,,,, DON'T BELIEVE SALESMEN!!!!!!! they are out to sell things.. they make a living that way.. Do you think they would sell a lot of sleds if they told you that your sled would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS do that????? They want you to think that 'you too" could build a sled and drive it like those guys do!!!!! Half of those guys are REALLY GOOD RIDERS and the other half JUST DONT HAVE ANY BRAINS!!!!! Their mommies or daddys buy them everything and spoon feed those guys!!!! I'm an OLD MAN (45) and I could keep up with HALF of those guys!!!!!(not with my 04 viper though!!!!)

I under stand what you are saying in both posts but I do believe that it is the same sled to start with would you not agree? Yes having a mechanical engineer, machinist and a top notch suspension tuner are all what you need to compete but I would not put it in the category of NASCAR where they are not even one bit production cars. So in a nut shell I do agree with what you are saying

It would probably be easier to buy a nascar car!!! I've seen them on EBAY!!!!

I highly doubt the engine is modified other than being put together well, light pistons the pipe tuned for mod and induction. Well - maybe the ignition also.

We had Yamaha factory engines to race in Canada when oval racing was big time (way back in time)- the special engines were rough cast. The special stuff was the pipe and light weight pistons. We probaly had 10 more HP to the track than most.

If they are able to run the nytro in the stock class next year, it will be more like what a consumer can buy. The pros will cheat a little, but generally the biggest mods will be in suspension,traction,clutching, gearing and ignition.
The Open sleds will be more like nosboy is stating, and most of us dont have the same resources$$$$$

Back