Polaris Dragon

Viper Treats

If anyone is considering purchasing this sled, let me tell you, this sled rocks. I rode my Dads out in Utah last weekend, and about the only thing I could find I didn't like on the sled was the spedo because it seems you couldn't put up MPH and Tach at the same time, but maybe you could if you knew how to run it better. Otherwise the sled is quick, light, great suspension, smooth motor/clutching, and was put together way better than other Polaris's I have ridden in the past. I will have some pictures up of my Utah trip later on.

Same here, rode the Dragon RMK 700 and 800, both 155" in West Yellowstone during the Expo. Only thing I didn't like was the seat was too low IMO(I'm used to a BOSS seat now) and the fuel mapping on the fuel injection on both the 700 and 800 could've been better. Polaris should have it sorted out come fall though. It's going to be hard to decide whether I want a Dragon RMK 800 155" or FX Nytro MTX for my next sled. I wish I could've rode the Nytro at West Yellowstone, but you had to be 21 and there was a 1.5 hour minimum wait time.

I know on the shorties there y just had a remap issued.The problem with the fuel mapping was the epa.They got them running alot stronger now but they could be stronger but it wouldn't meet epa regulations.

That sled caught my eye last year when it came out - I seen some when I was in Montana this winter but did not ride one - talk on AmSnow is that it lacks top end - I thought it would be more like an F7 - they were getting more out it with some clutching - if they could get it to run more like an SRX or F7 it would be a real sweet sled!

The top end issue is about what I posted above.Some sleds are gaining 10-14mph after the reflash

I was up at the SAE Clean Snowmobile Competition this last week in Houghton at the Keweenaw Research Center and two polaris engineers were there with dragon 700's. Really wanted to take one of them for a rip but was very busy during the beginning of the week and then by the time i was freed up later in the week all the snow was gone. Sure have heard a lot of great things about those sleds, especially the ride, handling, and power. They look decent too.

The ride and handling really impressed me. We were riding 2 ft. moguls at 60 mph on the trails and through the corners, the front suspension just soaked everything up. Hang off the sled, keep the throttle steady, and a little body english is all that's needed. Rear was a little squirrely at speed on the trail, but nothing that wasn't manageable. For a 155" I was pretty impressed with the rear suspension too. I wasn't too sure on how much better the IQ chassis would be in the rough stuff compared to my Pro-X, but it exceeded my expectations.

............The top end issue is about what I posted above.Some sleds are gaining 10-14mph after the reflash............

There is a couple of threads over there discussing the performance - they touch on the ECU's, the clutching, and the fuel pumps - sounds like simular first and second year problems the Mach had - took Doo three years to get that sled right so I don't think we've seen all the Dragon has to offer yet - it is built on a solid platform and if I were to jump ship today I would be taking a good look at one!!

But it is still a Polaris.........long term quality & durability issues???

Only time will tell!!

I was told by a dealer that the 800's would not be delivered till jan ????
who wants to wait till then, This came from a dealer when my friend was looking to snow check a 800

Last edited:
..SNAKEBIT.. said:
I was told by a dealer that the 800's would not be delivered till jan ????
who wants to wait till then, This came from a dealer when my friend was looking to snow check a 800

That sounds like the 06 yamaha gt's some guys didn't get there's until mid to late December.

Back