Ice Fishermen to the rescue!!!!

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
Yesterday at a place where there are a lot of mishaps and deaths by snowmobilers in a town called Lac Du Bonnet,another almost bites the bullet.This was just outside of town on Lee River.A couple of guys went out to go ice fishing and I believe with the family members.All sitting around the hole in the ice they made,sitting on their lawn chairs..they noticed a snomobiler down from them a ways going across the frozen water way.Then as fast as they saw it,it went down and out of site.They thought that looked a little strange.So they got up and traveled to the area where this took place.There was a gapping hole in the ice where the snowmobile went through and a person struggling for his life.They banded together to form a human chain and reached in to grab the person and get them out of the icy water.The police where called in and rescue and rushed that person to hospital.Not sure what the age was or man or woman.They were deemed as heros by the police.They said they just did what any normal person would of done in this situation.One of the rescuers said on the news that it was lucky for that person that they where out that day ice fishing or else that person would of been a goner.Will find out on the news tonight a little more.People take such chances when the temps are mild,especially on lakes or rivers this time of year.The people that saved the person also said that as they were pulling that person out of the icy waters,the ice was starting to give way under them and one of them fell in to.Good to see some good people do some good deeds,but it was just a automatic instinct that I think most of us would of done the same thing,not even thinking that we to could fall in the icy water and gone under while saving someone else.Award for bravery given to these outstanding citizens.Glad it wasn't me going thru the ice,don't think I would have made it.

Good to hear they saved him and like you say he was lucky the family was out there... I don't know what the guy was thinking though, it's april... how many lakes in any part of Canada at this time of year are actually safe to be running? I know down here there are only a few local ponds that get crossable during the winter.

Glad to hear he's ok anyway.

change_up said:
Good to hear they saved him and like you say he was lucky the family was out there... I don't know what the guy was thinking though, it's april... how many lakes in any part of Canada at this time of year are actually safe to be running? I know down here there are only a few local ponds that get crossable during the winter.

Glad to hear he's ok anyway.
Is it April in Canada already?

LOL sorry guys it's a WHOPPING 4 days until april...:Moon: I just got a little impatient and flipped the page on the calendar in the garage. I was just getting tired of the March girl lol :bash:

I'll see what I can do Blue, but there's only so much one can do.

I'm moving into boat mode now. But I think I will ease the pain by doing some carb cleaning now instead of the fall. Ordered a Fuel Buddy from Royal since it was on clearance and also 25% off!!! Won't improve the mileage, but will improve my reach. Put all three sleds in the garage, the 96 ski doo took three pulls to start, the 03 Ski doo took two pulls, and the good ole Yammie to 1/2 a pull!!! Boy did it sound nice!!!

Even my dog was depressed when they went into the garage. She loves to chase them around the yard. Sniff!

Time to get your bike out otherwise you'll get too depressed.

Cheers buddy,

Len

Back