Any antique tractor owners?

ViperTom

I haven't seen a thread with antique tractors yet. Lets see some pictures of your oldies but goodies.

Here's what my wife and I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Its a 1956 Ford 640 with a Dearborn loader. Its going to be stripped and repainted to the original colors (red and gray) this summer. I have the rear fenders for it but they are not on it because they will not fit with the tire chains that were on it. She has about 6800 hours on it and it runs great.

Tom

Attachments

• DSCF1625.JPG
    DSCF1625.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF1626.JPG
    DSCF1626.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF1627.JPG
    DSCF1627.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 2

Tom
Don't let anyone talk you out of those rear wheel weights, the are worth there weight in gold anymore. I will try and lok at work for a manual if you need one. We have some 3000 manuals. Maxdlx

maxdl is right on the weights !! Been with a Ford , well now New Holland dealer since '83 and it's great to see the old one's fixed up ! If he can't find a manual let me know , I'm sure we might have one also . Have fun doin' what littl' boys do best..... gettin' dirty and greasy . There's a lot of fun to be had after it's done , don't forget to let us see the end pix !

Got a MF65 and a Case 580 (before the suffix letters started). Dad has a McCormick Deering 10-20, an AC WC, WD, and a D17.

Hey Paul, been meaning to ask you about wheel and front weights for the MF65. They are rare here in Michigan, but this was a popular tractor line in the 50's and 60's.

Dig the old Iron, I have my Grand Fathers 1957 Case 311 & my neighbors 1947 Case DC. There are some Great tractor shows in Michigan worth checking out like Walloon Lake Flywheelers & down in Oakley, The Buckley show is Ok but over rated imo.

Ding
the problem with finding weights for the older tractors is all of the pullers gobble them up because they where cheap then. If I find any I'll let you know. You want front weights and rear whel weights right? Maxdlx

maxdlx said:
Tom
Don't let anyone talk you out of those rear wheel weights, the are worth there weight in gold anymore. I will try and lok at work for a manual if you need one. We have some 3000 manuals. Maxdlx

Thanks, If you find a manual let me know....I'm sure it will useful.

Tom

doc said:
maxdl is right on the weights !! Been with a Ford , well now New Holland dealer since '83 and it's great to see the old one's fixed up ! If he can't find a manual let me know , I'm sure we might have one also . Have fun doin' what littl' boys do best..... gettin' dirty and greasy . There's a lot of fun to be had after it's done , don't forget to let us see the end pix !

I'll be sure to post some pic's as the project progress'. I'll let you know on the manual.

Thanks,
Tom

I used to have a 1948 Case SC. Painted it all up complete with new decals and even put all new tires on it. Converted it to 12 volt, hydraulics, stan-hoist loader, blade on the back, had a log splitter that mounted on top the blade and even ran a 30" buzz saw off the PTO. I don't think I have any pictures of it.
Had to chim in about it because I sold it like 20 years ago and I saw it again a couple weeks ago. The guy I sold it to still has it and he was cleaning the snow out of his lane with it when we went by on our snowmobiles.

Back