novi show tomorrow afternoon/evening

skidooboy

i know it is late notice but, polaris, doo and yamaha will be at the rock financial showplace in novi michigan tomorrow from 400pm-900pm, showing their respective new hardware. i plan on being there with the mrs, then going to dinner. anyone else interested???? ski

Anybody willing to give up thier rides or add another to the stable, for the new ones?

I liked them (doo, pol, but especially the yammi's), they looked cool, tall straight handle bars, with no windshields and sharp corners, but I'm not ready to give up the srx yet. Especially when the snow was so bad this year in MI.

I was there early and didn't see anybody from here. Wow was that TNT light. I had to check to make sure the engine was really in there. Have already ridden the Yamaha's and seen the Nytro with it's clothes off, so spent most of my time looking at the other two. Polaris has some nice new features, but they have fallen behind in many areas even though I understand the newer sleds handle and ride real nice. Nice Air Shocks on some models Ride FX I believe). Just going over it closely you can see where their engineering is not on par with Yamaha or Skidoo though. I can't understand how Polaris has kept much market share. They must have blind brand loyal customers. Both Polaris and Skidoo have adopted a cast spindle that appears to cut both production costs and weight. I wonder how durable they will prove. The XP chassis shows a lot of promise for Skidoo. There are a few areas that they need to work on, but the same can be said for Yamaha. It looks like you have to add a bag (they make a nice one) to the XP sleds if you want any storage as the seat sits on a plastic platform (lots of lightweight plastic on this sled) that weighs very little and does not have any storage. I wonder if this won't become more standard as the other manufacturer's strive to cut more weight.

Oh, a really nice 1978 SSR was on display. The one with both front and rear anti-sway bars.

we were there, i saw lots of ty hats, shirts ect... i have ordered a new nytro mtx in blue, and believe i have snobuny ready to sell the gade and buy a 40th anni nytro mtx too. no more two stroke oil for us. LOL! i truely am johnny skeptical right down to my wife named buny. LOL! cant wait for winter, it's gonna be an outwest riding extravaganza. thinking about renting a tour bus and tractor trailer set up and putting together a west yellowstone ride. anyone interested? dont need to be a sledder to have fun in west yellowstone, night life, daylife, shopping, wolf sanctuary, some big *** park people keep talking about with some sort of water leak (lol), skiing and oh yeah, you can snowmobile the continental divide and two states (montana and idaho) every day if you wish. ski

Back