Thinking Edge Skid for my 02 SRX..yes!!!

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
Who has recently installed an Edge Skid in their Yamaha and how do you like it.There is a place has has tons of Polaris parts out here and suspensions.Probably could pick up Edge Skid for the fraction of the cost of a M10 or SC10-III.What I have heard it is a fairly easy install.What year sled would you recommend it off from?If I pick one up,would also put 8 " wheels on the thing.I think JohnnySRX has installed one for sure.Need feedback on your install and how does the skid work for you?Is it a big difference over a stock suspensionon the Yamaha's?

Attachments

• 417b_1.jpg
    417b_1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 485b_1.jpg
    485b_1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 9

I've never done it but that could be kinda cool.
Anythings better than the no-action suspension.
However I did enjoy the perscription pain killers I got for my compression fractures before I installed the M-10

bluemonster1 said:
Who has recently installed an Edge Skid in their Yamaha and how do you like it.There is a place has has tons of Polaris parts out here and suspensions.Probably could pick up Edge Skid for the fraction of the cost of a M10 or SC10-III.What I have heard it is a fairly easy install.What year sled would you recommend it off from?If I pick one up,would also put 8 " wheels on the thing.I think JohnnySRX has installed one for sure.Need feedback on your install and how does the skid work for you?Is it a big difference over a stock suspensionon the Yamaha's?
No expert here...but if I was doing it, I would want the donor sled around to mock up the measurements...side by side, a case of cold beer, good tunes...most important of all, send the wife away for the weekend... :rofl:
Good luck...keep us informed & could you post pics, write up, possibly a template for the measurements...you know something to hold us over till next season...makes for good read...

First I have to locate a Edge Skid.Got a number to phone,there's a place that advertises Polaris parts from 2000 to present.Will ask first about the Pro-x skid,if nothing ..then the Edge skid and get prices.

well there is the Pro-x skid,the Edge Skid,ZR Skid,SC10-III skid,M10 skid and the long traveled Viper skid.Will keep looking,prices seem a little high,so to find one may take me a while I guess.

I had an 01 Pro-x, even with revalving, it beat the crap out of me. Could sure take the big jumps though. By the way the Ryde FX shocks had to be rebuilt 1 or 2 times a season.
A friend has the more consumer friendly 03 Pro. Rebuilds the shocks every year, no choice.
Ryde FX = Ryde (ing) can be F (in) eXpensive.
2datrl

edge skid

got a message from a guy last night.He has a Edge skid for sale for $450.00 from an 02 sled.comes with fox sensitive shock.Left him a message to e-mail some oics.This could be what I am looking for.We'll see.

2datrl said:
I had an 01 Pro-x, even with revalving, it beat the crap out of me. Could sure take the big jumps though. By the way the Ryde FX shocks had to be rebuilt 1 or 2 times a season.
A friend has the more consumer friendly 03 Pro. Rebuilds the shocks every year, no choice.
Ryde FX = Ryde (ing) can be F (in) eXpensive.
2datrl

I have ryde fx shocks on my 144 edge skid and love them. My buddy has them on his poo also and has had very good luck with them.

Like all shocks, the shafts need to be kept lubricated between rides and if any pits develope, they should be changed. Stainless steel shafts are a good idea if you end up buying new ones as they aren't much more $.

I picked up a ZR cross country skid for cheap on ebay it needs new boogie wheels and the front shock that I already found. Its got a fox clicker shock. So its my summer project to install it in my other sx. And then I can do a comparison to the Expert.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190092174472&rd=1,1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260096695219&rd=1,1

You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of puting a POOOlaris skid in your Yamaha.

A SCIII Maybe! (I have one in my 03MXZ600 HO and it does ride really nice, and NO you can't have it!!!).

POOOOLaris is puting M10s in their sleds. What does that tell you?????????

Exciterfan said:
You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of puting a POOOlaris skid in your Yamaha.

A SCIII Maybe! (I have one in my 03MXZ600 HO and it does ride really nice, and NO you can't have it!!!).

POOOOLaris is puting M10s in their sleds. What does that tell you?????????

For me, the poo skid is lighter (72lbs vs 52 lbs), has better control on tranfer (yes I had the mpi kit), less trenching and better attack angle, more rear axle travel, easy on the hyfax, and a better ride with the clicker shocks. I feel no shame.......

I'm just teasing Blue!!!

I have no doubt that the Edge Skid is lighter than the Yamaha Proaction. I think the M10 and the the SCIII are lighter too. I know my M10 was significantly lighter and that was with the "Hoark'n" big Ohlins in it.

I actually don't have any riding experience on the Edge chassis, but I was never really that impressed with the Xtra-10 for all the press it got.

I'm still calibrating my M10, but I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the Skidoo SCIII. The ride is comparable to the M10 in most trail riding situations. I'd be looking for an SCIII nif I was Blue.

Blue: I have my old ProAction skid out of my SXR with revalved shocks, Maximum Performance Transfer rods, Marginal snow wheel kit. I wasn't going to sell it, but I might if someone made me a good offer. You'd end up with more travel than you have right now with the SRX, and it would mount right in. Just a thought.

Exciterfan,have you ever broken the w-arm on it?I could be persuaded to buy it if your price is decent.I am still looking.Some have told me that the SC10 III will make me loose some speed.It is a nice skid,drove my buddies MXZ700 and nice suspension.Gone to pick up my track and ski's at the post office,will be back soon.

Skids -Skids -Skids.....which one.................

I am really getting frustrated over this skid issue I am having.I am taking my skid out and replacing for sure.Without getting into major $$$$$ here,need some real constructive opinions on another skid.Do I just go to a Yamaha long travel skid,do I go with an Edge or Pro-x and even look at a SC10-III.I am sure anything is better then what is there now.Can't figure out what I should do here.Got my new 1 inch Predator track and want to start soon on tearing the rear of the sled out.Need real honest opinions here please,pro`s and con`s.

Back