Plans on the Viper

Viperscott

Plans on the Viper UPDATED 1/23/08

So back in January I got a M-10 and it sat on my work bench. Everyday I would look at it and say why did I get it. So the other day I said F it and decided the only way I would get it done was to take out the Proaction so I would have no choice but to install the M-10. So out comes the wrenches and with a little grunt work the Proaction was out. Now all I have to do is wait for the parts from Fast. I would never have ordered them if I didn't take the skid out. So heres a pic with no skid and up in the air, and one with the two skids next to each other. It's amazing on how much more pieces are on the Proaction, the weight differance is unreal.

So after I got the sled down low I decided I would like to raise the seat some. So off comes the seat so I can make a template for it. This would also give me a chance to get the tunnel ready to paint it black because it's so dull. Well that idea is gone as I tried some rubbing compound on it and wow it shines. before and after pics.

As you can see there is a spot where the plate for the shaft goes is still visable but I figure a little more compound and elbow grease it should come out.

The other is one I just thought I would post for the heck of it.
I will post and update as thing progress and parts come in..

Attachments

• 0403071135.jpg
    0403071135.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 0403071136.jpg
    0403071136.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 0403071754.jpg
    0403071754.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 0403071813.jpg
    0403071813.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 0403071245.jpg
    0403071245.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

No they're there you just cant see them in that one. Here this one you can.

Attachments

• 0403071135a.jpg
    0403071135a.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Keep us postd on the install and let us know what you think of the M10 next year when you get to ride it.

OK waiting for my parts from FAST still, glad I went COD. Which has staled the raiser because I don't know how high it will be w/ the M-10. So I have been looking through my DK catalog and am thinking of installing a tether switch to the Viper. Only problem is I don't know if I need one for a open or closed circuit. Anyone got an idea which one I need? Don't worry I will post pics as the project comes together.

OK guess what finally came in, PARTS YEAH! So after unpacking everything and again asking myself why, I got everything ready. Turned the sled so I can can strap it to the support for the garage door that comes down from the roof, cuz I wasn't getting under there with it just sitting on a stand. So here are the first few pics.

M10kitparts.jpg

This is the install kit, not much there.

NewWheels.jpg

New wheels and spacer for fourthwheel, I have the Polaris M-10 and it only came with 3 wheels

SkidBeforeNewWheels.jpg

Skid before new wheels

SkidAfterNewWheels.jpg

Skid after new wheels

LeftSideTunnelBrace.jpg

I only got the left side done (sorry for the crappy pic) as I had the kids to watch. So thats where I stand for now. Hoping to get it finished tommorow so I can figure out how high to make my seat raiser. I will get to the kill switch install too and do a write up on it. I don't understand why Yamaha didn't put them on.

OK all, it's done. The right side went a lot quicker, cuz I knew what had to be removed. All in all it was pretty easy to do. Just wish I had some help putting in the bolts, was kind of awkward reaching around the tunnel while lifting the skid up. I decided not to do the seat raiser because the slope with the change in the rear height. But I still need to raise the seat as I am 6 foot and like my legs to go down not up. So since I live by Amish Country I think I am going to take my seat over and have a custom one done. Maybe add 4" to it and have is shaped a bit.

M10installed.jpg

So here she is all decked out on a M-10 and shiny tunnel.

FrontRight.jpg

One showing my TY sticker thanks John!

OK here is a little something I added. I got so sick and tired of trying to read my maps on my tank. So I decided to put a mount for my Garmin. I know it ain't a big one but I can see this just fine in the truck and it is further away. Trail system is already loaded on it.

GPS.jpg

do your friends a favor and buy a rx1 mudflap. also, buy a venture sway bar to make up for the extra height.

Let me guess the rx flap is longer. lol I was looking at how much is open beneath the flap. Any certain year venture for the sway bar?

Ok after 8 months of drooling over this thing WNY finally got a good lake effect snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With the trails not opening till the 19th @ 5 i had to suffer in the back yard. But thats ok cuz there is a good dropoff at worked wonders for some air time. I am totally amazed on how much higher the rake is even with my *** sitting on it. The ride was great from what I could tell being limited for space. But the landings where AWESOME no bottoming out or getting slamed. No need to wait to pin it after hitting the ground. Only thing I need to do is loosen the track a bit seams a bit tight on the landings. All in all seams to be well worth the money and time I spent on it. I HIGHLY RECOMEND if you have a chance to get a M-10 GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once the season get into full swing I will post more on the preformance so check often.

Nice job ViperScott, I just did the same to mine. Can't wait to ride it! I also ride in WNY, how are the trails looking?

Viper_m-10_1.JPG

OK now that the WHITE has finally arrived and the trails here in the area are open. I have been able to take a few short trips. WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The idea of flying acrossed a bumpy feild or down the access rode along the tracks to Angola was unthought of before. I can only do short trips because of my work schedule and the fact it has not stopped snowing which brings me to the only problem I have found with the M-10. What a problem with the M-10 you say. YES A PROBLEM, ok as you can see the *** sits a tad bit higher. OK ALOT HIGHER forgive my sarcasm there. Ok with it sitting so high in the back the headlighs are now too low to see anything even with the high beams on I only can see about 30 feet out. I have adjusted them as much as I can but no good. So know I have to try and figure out how to raise them another way. So if anyone knows how or has a suggestion PLEASE post it, I don't want to start thinking I wasted the time and money for the M-10. I would really like to be able to do some real riding and SOON!!!!!!

Last edited:
set the front shocks as stiff as you can, gives ya a little more height in the front. or set the M-10 softer maybe?? can the ride height be adjusted? one downside to the m-10 I guess.

Back