New Doo's

Blkhwkbob

VIP Member
I picked up a brochure for the new Doo's, and I have to say, they are quite impressive. They have shaved off a lot of weight, relaxed the ergo's a little bit for old folk like me, and the 800 engine with 150 horse and 20 mpg is pretty cool. Heck, the 600 sdi with 22 mpg would probably be all the engine I need. They also look pretty cool with the right color combo (not too much yellow).

I like to see rider reports from a few years of any new sled, but I can really see myself looking into a used 'Doo in a couple of years for my next sled.

Yes, I agree, the numbers are impressive. I will be waiting to see if they hold up chassis wise, it's a big change to loose that much weight and stay together. I really like how they're using the motor as a part of the chassis, very impressive. I am a little curious as to whether the slide rails will hold up though. Especially with a heavy weight like myself on one. I'll wait and watch for a while.

My boss ordered one already. He hated his Apex, so he went down to a 2005 Mach Z and he didn't like that a lot either (although he praises it over the Apex). It's a good thing that somebody I know is getting one of these that I see every day... I'll have the inside scoop on the sled soon enough lol.

I rode with a Rep from Ski-Doo this winter. All the companies that Hire out of my college usually will ride there latest and greatest sleds while up here. He said that he liked the ride and power of the sled (600), but was skeptical of the durability.

I wouldn't hold your breath on 20 mpg from that 800. All the reviews i've seen have said that it is quite the gas hog.

I wish Yamaha took the light weight 2 stroke route cause those new Doos look and spec awesome. The TNT weighs a claimed 399 and it seems all their stuff is sub 450 lbs. Most of my riding is sub 80 mph so I dont need or want a big heavy sled and would really like something better for tight twisty trails. If they hold up Ill get an 08 with some kind of 600 in it but if they blow up probably a phazer or one of the other 600s (cat or poo). Atvs have spoiled me with their agility and my Viper is only fun when Im going really fast, the rest of the time I dread the excess weight. Well see if doo gets their act together. They dont call them BOMBardier for nothing.

20mpg, hardly, 22mpg out of the 600sdi, NO. Most guys I've talked to seem to be getting 14-16mpg out of the current 600sdi at best which is still pretty decent, I get 12-14 out of my "antique" carbed tripple.

chitownpete@yahoo.com said:
I wish Yamaha took the light weight 2 stroke route cause those new Doos look and spec awesome. The TNT weighs a claimed 399 and it seems all their stuff is sub 450 lbs. Most of my riding is sub 80 mph so I dont need or want a big heavy sled and would really like something better for tight twisty trails. If they hold up Ill get an 08 with some kind of 600 in it but if they blow up probably a phazer or one of the other 600s (cat or poo). Atvs have spoiled me with their agility and my Viper is only fun when Im going really fast, the rest of the time I dread the excess weight. Well see if doo gets their act together. They dont call them BOMBardier for nothing.

The phazer sounds like exactly what you are looking for. Have you rode one yet? Great mileage, handle awesome, very light, yamaha dependable, four stroke reliable, it'll still do over 80 mph, and the ride is out of this world.

I checked out one of the new Rev XP's at a local shop, the tunnel looked and felt like it was made out of tin-foil. You get a good sized guy on there like myself, take some jumps, and good night sister.

I sat on, hopped up and down on, tipped on it's side, and picked up both ends of the TNT and the Summit. Incredibly light and very good feel. However, I would not buy the first year model due to several pending issues hanging over this sled. I am happy to see this incredible move by BRP though as it will put even more pressure on Yamaha to keep up. BRP has taken the same effort level for weight reduction that Yamaha did with the APEX, Phazer, and Nytro, so now the 2-strokes have jumped ahead again on the weight issue. I am a bit worried though that current sled sales metrics will have an impact on future R&D. It seems that things are getting a bit out of balance, which could cause 1 or 2 of the Manufacturers to drop out of sleds.

BlueIronRanger said:
20mpg, hardly, 22mpg out of the 600sdi, NO. Most guys I've talked to seem to be getting 14-16mpg out of the current 600sdi at best which is still pretty decent, I get 12-14 out of my "antique" carbed tripple.

My cousin who i rode with a lot, had a 2004 rev sdi 600 and a 2006 rev sdi 600, yes to do get 20mpg, it averaged 21 mpg no matter how your rode the sled. If you like the riding style they are decent sleds but the motors leave something to be desired in terms of reliability.

Back