Ski Doo DVD

Yamahasrx700

Don’t get irate or upset about this but... Did any one see the DVD for the Ski-Doo 800XP. I got it in the mail. I know the usual bashing " I think it will brake" or "The motors won’t stay together" whatever. Nonetheless an awesome machine and a very good DVD. I wonder whats next for the snowmobile industry.

They seem very interesting and sure did a good job of making the other sleds look bad. The competition was hand picked by Ski-doo and you can bet your biffy that the REV was tuned to perfection for each challenge. The other sleds were likely not touched from how they came out of the crate. I wouldn't expect them to make thier own sled look bad on a promotional video.
That said, they still look interesting.

my boss told me yesterday that a fellow dealer called him and told him that one of the new revs folded in half at one of the demo rides. the suports that go from the tunnel to steering post snaped off the tunnel and then the sled just folded up when it hit.
then there was the 800 that blew up at the demo. from herein these im not impresses even if its the lightest sled out there

If all three of the other manufacturers where ridden as fast as the rev, they too could have doubled that jump. I call BS.

The Yamaha video has its faults too. Old Polaris...fouling pluggs. On a modern stock 2 stroke sled, how many plugs have you fouled? Well, our group has the following. 2 srx's(00,02), 1 viper(02), 2 apex gt's(06), 3 mxz's (00,02), 1 warrior (05), 1 machz (05) & 1 attak(06). In the last three seasons, there has been one fouled plug and it wasn't a 2 stroke. It happen with a 4 stroke, but it was operator error. Accidently hit the kill switch right after a cold start. OOPS.

YS

Ya there was alot of BS in the Ski-Doo video. Alot in the Yamaha's videos too though like you said. I just laughed when they did the snocross segment and the Apex RTX, Dragon, and F8 were going around the track. They make it look like you can barely keep them steady in the corners. Turn the ski hard enough real quick and ANY sled will lift the inside ski. That's all they were doing to make it look like they don't corner well. I haven't rode an Apex or F8, but I know damn well a Dragon corners better than that! :bash: And all of the sudden a 480 lb. sled is heavy. Did you hear that Doo guys, unless you own an '08 all of your sleds are heavy now. j/k :rofl: :bump:

I'm trying to keep an open mind about the '08 Doo's but I think the XP chassis and 800R motor are going to have more issues than acceptable this year. Lots of '07 Summit owners with problems from what I've been reading.

Back