yellowstone needs our help

skidooboy

voice your support and concerns. in the group area, put what club or association you are part of, as an example i put my michigan snowmobile association membership as well as being a member on ty, dootalk, and snowest. make sure you put these on, it helps the powers that be know our groups support these policies and how strong our groups are. it only takes a few minutes but may help for a lifetime.
here's a link on snowest for you. ski

http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=320566&enterthread=y

here is my draft i am sending. should i change anything?

i would like to voice my support of motorized snow travel in yellowstone park. going by the options my top three plans i would like to see (in order of importance)

alternative #5 provide for unguided access with training.

alternative #4 expand recreational use access

alternative #1 continue current plan

i believe with the proper training any adult on their own or within a group, can utilize the park under strick guidelines while maintaining use with multiple user groups with little to no conflict between user groups. i am planning to bring a large group to west yellowstone for park, trail and mountain unguided riding this winter (new years week). if the regulations increase i may be faced to change destinations. we are talking 10-15 couples and their families (very large group). if multiple groups such as mine decide for the same options, i can truthfully say it would hurt the economic climate in the yellowstone area for winter tourism. please understand we arnt a group out to destroy the wilderness, we love to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the back country and the park while riding our snowmobiles. i believe with proper training for park use, and regulations on sled emmisions, noise, and amounts of units in the park per day/year, that we can co-exist in the park with all other users. please let us continue to enjoy our national parks, especially yellowstone. it is very important to my friends, my family and my associations. thank you for your time.

sincerly,

eric d kirgis laingsburg, mi

Everyone please follow Ski's link and fill out a reply... IT DOES affect everyones right to ride in some way shape or form.

Went for a guided tour a few years back and it was amazing. The current plan seems to be working well. I dont think snowmobilers as a group can be trusted (from what I have seen here in Wis. Mich. , and Ill.) but everyone here should go take a tour of Yellowstone in the winter. Only downside was I had to ride an Arctic Cat 4 stroke 660 2 seat touring sled. First time I ever stopped to take in the sights on a sled ride. Thanks Skidooboy for bringing this to our attention, I hope to go back there within a year or two.

Back