Vmax make over.

Dave_Vmax600

dont know what im going to be doing with it yet....but here she is

fresh from paint.

its a little dusty....the paint is so shinny you can see the reflection of the ground on it.

next on the list is full engine rebuild, thin head gasket, fresh rings, vforce 3's, cone filters with prefilters and get the comet clutch dialed in. Lots of shinning and polishing to be done as well. im going to get the ski saddles painted and the scissor arms will be polished front grill and hood grill are getting dipped in chrome. i think a new windshield also and maybe some under hood LEDs, all this should be done in the next month or so ill keep this thread updated.

how about lowering tubes? i have a set of 2" drop bender ones. they are from a vmax4, not sure if they interchange but they are for sale

so why the motor work? just to freshen it up, or simply cleaning it so it looks sweet? looks nice, btw

Well i thought i should bring this thing back to life....

finally had some time to work on this sled.

i should have the whole thing finished tomorrow.....minus the skid and clutch and jetting.

so here is what i found...

i finally got a clutch puller and a flywheel puller

This is what happens when you leave a project....it gets crap pilled on it.

i pulled the crank and noticed the bearing on the clutch side had a little bit of marking....what could that have been from??? anyway i changed just that one because they all seem be in very good shape.

started stripping off the old black on the block

Back