Nature Freaks!!!!!

No kidding. Just me and him. Cage match. Winner lives, loser gets recycled. Anyone out there live in Santa Barbara, CA?? If you do, you should go talk to this guy.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD...I thought I'd be replying a "Hey guys...everybody deserves there own opinion..even tree huggers"...but once I opened the link...That sh!t freaks me out...God...I'm speechless that there are haters like that...
We had a situation up here in Toronto where a bunch of Volleyball players got massive gashes in their feet and ankles due to somebody burying Razer blade Blocks in the sand at our local Beech... How messed up can some individuals be?? Just when we thought our sports where making process...arghhh..

its these idiots that need to be locked up for a couple years. me and a buddy almost had our heads taken off once because one of these idiots decided to string some wire across a trail from tree to tree at my neck level while on our dirtbikes. i dont know how but i was looking back at my buddy and when i turned back around i just seen the wire in time to duck enough so it just skimmed the top of my helmet. i managed to stop my buddy just in time too. its okay to voice your opinions or protest, but when your willing to take other peoples lives in your hands, its time for you to be locked up.

I was out with a bunch of guys off roading and two vehicles ran over one of those little road spikes made of rebar. I could only imagine if I was running my quad down those trails and ran it over. Possibly thrown off and hurt. I also almost lost a buddy to a log dragged onto a snowmobile trail. He hit the log and flew over 50 feet. It's people like these that need a real thorough talk with my size twelve.

Last edited:
At least he was kind enough to "probably" leave the stop signs. I wonder how many people these quacks have injured or worse?

SNOWMOBILES

It's time to haul out the old monkeywrench and turn the screws on the snow*mobiling cult. Snow machines harm plants and animals, waste energy and re*sources, and destroy the solitude of the woods with excessive noise.

One way to deter snowmobiling in sensitive areas that have marked snow*mobile trails (much of the North Woods), would be a committed but decentral*ized effort, beginning with the departure of snow, to remove and ruin signs and posts associated with snowmobile trails. Trail markers and trail identification and promotion signs should all be removed. Safety signs, such as stop signs at intersecting highways, should probably remain.

Equipment for sign removal is minimal-usually a box-end or crescent wrench to turn out a couple of lag screws. Upon removal, the signs should be bent, defaced, or otherwise rendered unusable, then stashed under leaves or brush where they will eventually rot into the ground. If concealment is not a problem, a small pruning saw or bow saw would also be useful to cut the sign post into several pieces.

Removing snowmobile signs will serve to discourage the cult by decreasing the accessibility of trails, eliminating the "advertising value" of sign posts, and siphoning away at least some of the funds that would otherwise go to trail ex*pansion.

In one northern Minnesota county recently, eco-raiders removed over $2,000 worth of signs out of a possible $5,000 worth.

Maintenance costs for snowmobile trails can also be increased by dragging dead trees and downed branches across trails. This is a good way to combine some low-commitment monkeywrenching with a hike in the woods. (Do not, however, push standing snags down across trails. Snags are vital for many birds and other species of wildlife.)

If we all do our work this spring, summer, and fall, the snowmobile trails should be in ragged shape by next winter.

-Windigo

FIELD NOTES

• It has been suggested that snowmobiles can be stopped by shoveling to bare ground a section of trail, preferably a section hidden by a bend in the trail. Drawbacks to this method are the amount of labor involved, and the fact that it would have little more than a nuisance effect on the snowmobiler.

• A more effective deterrent might be to go after the trailers that pull the snowmobiles, while they are parked unattended at the trailhead. Tires are ob*vious targets, although by no means the only vulnerable points. Trailers are also used to haul other destructive "toys" such as ATCs and dirt bikes. Be cautious-it wouldn't do to have the owners return while you were trashing their trailers!

• Reportedly, monofilament fishing line spread out on the snow will suck into a snowmobile's track mechanism and cause it to jam.

• Remember that snowmobiles are often driven by overweight, poorly-pre*pared bubbas, who may be put into a life-threatening situation if their snow*mobile is disabled miles from civilization. Be very conscious of the situation you may be creating and be concerned for the safety of the snowmobiler.

• Some have suggested throwing handfuls of loose wire on snowmobile trails. Presumably this will become entangled in the track mechanism.

• Just walk up to a parked crotch rocket with some wire cutters, press the throttle on the right handle bar to the handle and clip the exposed cable. Sprays to prevent car fan belts from slipping or some other abrasive sprayed between the track and the wheels might cause the whole thing to heat up and melt to itself. Snowmobilers are always concerned about their track melting to the rubber runners when they are traveling at high speeds in dry snow. This might work best with rental units-most operators of which are inexperienced. Snowmobile rental outfits have a hard time getting insurance anyway and with a little wrenching, these toys could become too expensive to play with.

• Snowmobiles are also vulnerable to the methods discussed in the Vehicles and Heavy Equipment chapter.

these guys need to be locked up. its hard enough when you are in an unfamilar area with already poor sinage. should chain their voklswagons/bicicle to a tree with grade 70 transport chain and a tamperproof padlock. see how good their cutters are then.

Maim said:
these guys need to be locked up. its hard enough when you are in an unfamilar area with already poor sinage. should chain their voklswagons/bicicle to a tree with grade 70 transport chain and a tamperproof padlock. see how good their cutters are then.

i gotta disagree Maim. we should chain them to a tree, naked. :brr :brr

Domestic terrorists!! People like that need to get a job and contribute to society. Useless ***holes.

Back