Want to learn about track/shock differences

SXViperGirl

I'm looking to purchase a new sled this year. I am looking for links and information about the differences in tracks and shocks. Example: What is the difference and advantages/disadvantages of a rip saw track vs. a cmoplast track. They aren't making the Vmax any longer and I need to do some research for info....I'm really looking for a sled that is a 700 but is comparible in ride to a Vmax. It was suggested that I look at the Venom or Sabercat. I really like the ViperS. Need to decide soon! :?:

Viper S will be a really sweat ride...as far as track, hard to compare something that just came out...like the Viper S or the RipSaw. I think if you are going to ride the thing and put it awey with little worry I would stick with the Viper S.

which sled

im a die hard yamaha for or maybe was, but they are draggin thier ass as far as technolgoy and what majority wants, big 2 stroke power, when it comes to this my choice would be the 800 h.o. rev, i know its a ski-doo not a yami, but ride one, a viper wont hold a candle stick to it in a straight line or the rough. sound like a salesman for ski-doo here on a yamaha site when i have been a yamaha man but ...

OK 800 doo that gets 70 miles to a tank, craps out main bearings every 1500 miles & needs rings & pistons replaced annualy? Ummm...no thanks!

Vipergirl...

The new Venom will ride almost exactly like the Vmax, it's got the same shocks and the spring package to suit. The Venom is for the folks who don't want to jump roads, and want a nice cushy ride. The 600 triple motor is uber reliable and get GREAT milage, even better with some tuning. You'll be able to gain alot of scoot easily too, there's lots of room to tune!

The Rev800HO, while having alot of power, isn't for someone who wants to put on alot of miles in a day, the position is better for snox than for Ontario.

Good luck!

VmaxJohn....have you heard anything good or bad about the Viper? What would be your thoughts on the current setup of the sled?

Viper Girl

I have an 01 V-max deluxe now and have spent some time on a viper. I personally do not like the deluxe as much as I like the viper. I ride a bit aggressive and found the viper to ride great with the old shocks. I hope to get a viper this year and keep the deluxe for spare.

Good luck!

Gina

What do you weigh?

If it's less than 150 pounds and you are an average trail rider, the viper will be too stiff of a sled for ya. The ER version is supposedly sprung softer though.

The viper has tons of power, and also has great milage and reliability. It's more a matter of asking yourself if you want to pay for the extra power and the stiffer suspension. The ViperS has adjustable shocks though, so you might be pretty good there.

What kind of riding do you do?

Back