Check This Out!!!!!

It will start no problem regardless of how they stored it. 4 stroke engine is pretty tuff, especially in those days. Charged battery, fill the tank, shoot a little gas in the carbs and she'll come to life! If you want to be really safe, change the oil, pull the plugs, drop a little oil in each jug, turn it over a couple times. Reinstall plugs and do what I mentioned above.

I'm sorry there JWEIDMAYER but I only drank Schlitz when we had a Manitoba beer strike back in 1985. All we could get was Schlitz and Olympia. It wasn't that good then fresh from the brewery. The stuff in the trunk of the Belevedere will be SKUNKY big time.

Even an engineer like me wouldn't drink that. Yuck!!!!

Maybe we should start a "what's you favorite beer" thread????

I was kidding!

I have a couple engineering degrees and I would not drink the stuff either. Although I've been known to grab a 40 of it if its cold. They are 2.29!

did you guys see what happened out there? they opened the vault and it had water in it! its on its way to some pavillion where they are going to take all the wrappping and stiff off of it tonight....

it looks worse now then Christine did in the beginning of Stephen kings movie. Sucks too beautiful car, doesnt look too restorable in the pics...

I didn't think it would start!!

I guess it was pretty much submerged for 50 years.

Now if they had invested the $2000.00 in mutual funds back in 1957 that would be worth how much now????

That car was trashed. Would of been better setting in an open field.

Very interesting though. Kind of reminds me of when Geraldo Rivera opened Al Capones vault.

Tod

Back