decals for trailing arm

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
I peeled off the PROACTION SYSTEM decals off my trailing arms on the SRX.They came off clean.Will be painting the trailing arms and wandered if I want to use these decals over again,what was the best thing to use to stick them back on.I was thinking of getting some 2 sided carpet tape,lay the decal on one sticky side and press nice and firm and flat to the tape.Then trim the excess around the decal,then peel off the paper from the other side and press it on the arms.That should stick good I believe.As far as I can remember when I got a price on them decals years ago for the SXR,they wanted $90 each.There was no way I was going to pay that much for each one.Once I have them on again,I would spray a few clear coats over the arm and decal to seal it better.What you guys think?

3M makes a product that is called something like adhesive reactivator.
I probably have some laying around the garage if you need more ifo. send me a PM
2datrl

2datrl said:
3M makes a product that is called something like adhesive reactivator.
I probably have some laying around the garage if you need more ifo. send me a PM
2datrl
I just checked. It is called Automotive Adhesion Promotor # 06396...
For plastic trim attachement with 3M foam tapes.
2datrl

bluemonster1 Go and buy new decals i replaced a trailing arm last year on my 1999 SRX and all i could find was a trailing arm from a 1998 and i went out and bought a 1999 decal and i think i paid like $12. Here is a link from port Yamaha.
http://www.portyamaha.com/fiche_section_detail.asp
I looked up a 2000 SRX and the decals are $11.35 us per side. Once you choose your year its on the Ski section. I was skeptical last year because i replaced a nose cone on my old polaris and the decals would have costed more than the nose cone i couldn't believe it. Yamaha decals are pretty cheap.

BenderSRX,I went to Port Yamaha and see the prices.Was going to order themdecal and other things.But when I go to checkout my McAfee Site Advisor comes on and tells me not to go on the site.Says if I go on the site.the site may attempt to make unauthorized changes to my PC by exploiting a browser security vulnerability.WEIRD STUFF EH!
Go ahead and try to order something and then go to checkout..and see if there is a problem for you.

Base your trailing arms than as it tacking up plase your precleaned stickers in location and clear them in.Hands steady?Hang em flat.

just buy new decals. way better, way cheaper in the long run. your going to do all this fabulous work to make them look good (fresh paint) then while they're curing, your going to add an adhesive or "adhesive activator" and hope it doesnt affect the finish.

take my word for it dont skimp on the small details thats where good sleds and great sleds seperate themselves.

here: http://216.37.204.206/wps/Yamaha_OEM/YamahaSnow.asp?Type=13&A=276&B=16

look at numbers 68-69 10.16 list ea from hslm.com for 20.00 is it worth it? ski

Yes I am going to Order new decals for the trailing arms.World of Power Sports wants $10.16 for each one.My Yamaha Dealer here in Canada wants $24.40.Also ordering a silencer intake for $23.60 from W of Power Sports,Yamaha Dealer here wants $55.28.
With the exchange rate and tax and delivery,I can get my parts cheaper from Illinois then from here in Winnipeg,Canada.Here would cost me locally everything tax in $117.61. From the States same parts would cost be about $60.00 give or take a few bucks.Sure does not make sense that the Yamaha dealer here is charging me so much for the same parts.Yet if you go and check many different parts,some are about the same and some are cheaper here.Sure does not make sense how the pricing is set.Yet a Heim joint for lower rod is about the same from both places,give or take one dollar..Again upper Heim joint is double the price here.Go figure,something is fishy here.It pays to shop around.I think in Canada Yamaha is really nailing us with prices.

Back