96 Seadoo (white motor)

Tod

VIP Member
Any Seadoo exerts out there??? My 96 SPX has the drive line locked up on it. I pulled the cone looking thing off and it has a bunch of metal shavings and I can see several small rollers from a roller bearing.

What do I need to do to rebuild the drive line. How do I disconect the drive line so I can confirm my motor is still OK?

Just thought I would ask before I tear into it.

Tod

the oil was probally never changed or checked in the cone, this lubes the impellar bearings and such, when the seals leak it gets water in there and ruin it all. You have to disconnect the engine right there at the driveshaft, its a slip fit joint, just unbolt the engine and slide it off the shaft.

I work on these pretty often in the summer, if you need any questions answered just drop me a line.

Thanks, MrV.

The pump is shot. Got a used one on the way........... $350.00 + parts to go through it.

I pinched the O-ring when I changed the oil last time.

Tod

then youll need to remove all that(pump, etc.) from the rear of machine. theres bolts that hold it all into the hull from the rear. will slip off the engine joint, be sure to grease all the joints well when you put it all back together.

One other thing is you can change the cone oil easily by using a small syringe with a small peice of aquarium air hose on the end, suck out the old with machine tipped up in front and then refill with new oil, they only hold about 2.5oz. You can do all this thru the small allen head plug threaded in the cone.

Back