if you drive in Ill this is a must read

maxdlx

VIP Lifetime Member
Illinois will begin using photo radar in freeway work zones in July. Second offense tickets are $1,000 with license suspension.
Beginning in July the State of Illinois will use speed cameras in areas designated as "Work Zones" on major freeways. Anyone caught by these devices will be mailed a $375. ticket for the FIRST offense, but he SECOND offense will cost $1000.00 and comes with a 90-Day suspension. Drivers will also receive demerit points against their license, which allows insurance companies to raise their rates. This represents the harshest penalty structure yet for a city or state using PHOTO enforcements. The State will begin with TWO camera vans issuing tickets in work zones with speed limits lowered to 45 MPH. Photographs of both the Driver's face and License plate are taken.

Pass this on to everyone you know !!!!

for more info: http://www.dot.state.il.us/press/r033005.html

Won't work for us "one plate" Michigan drivers! Not that I would go speeding through a work zone anyway. We should "give 'em a brake"!! That's the motto around construction central (Michigan)

Ill be traveling through ILL on my way back down to Mississippi with my new ZO6 corvette. I will have a single plate only in the rear.

I will open her up and see what she will do. My speedometer also displays on my windshield

I WILL TEST THE CAMERA TO SEE HOW FAST IT REALLY IS!!!

tomseal6,if you do that..they will compound your car and throw you in the clink for reckless driving.Go for it anyways,I am sure all the TY members on here will chip in to pay your court fees. LOL

Honest sir,

I had my cruise set at 70 MPH. The radar detector is broke, I wasnt even using it.

They don't even pull you over!!! They have a WHITE VAN with a BILLBOARD on top of it with a light board that says your speed.. They take either your FRONT AND/OR REAR plate number and send you a ticket in the MAIL!!! They put a BRICK on your LICENSE and you will NOT be able to get it renewed if you don't pay the fine (for all of you "out of staters") $350.00 the FIRST OFFENSE and $1000.00 for the second!!! Watch on the NEWS for some PISSED OFF offender BLOW that van to SMITHEREENS with a LAWS rocket or something like that!!!!

Good to know.

I like to cruise about 80 in the fast lane. I slow down to the posted speed limit in work zones. I learned my lesson a long time ago. I got wacked with a $250 fine in Florida for speeding in a work zone and it was at 2 in the moring with nobody around..

Slow down for workers, your wallet will thank you.

This is rediculous,

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

What if a family member or friend was driving you vehicle? You still get a ticket mailed to you??

God forbid you are in a hurry to take your woman into the emergency room to pop out a kid or something in tht nature.

All I can say is if everyone would have slowed down in work zones, the rest of us wouldn't be seeing our freedoms infringed on. If you still slow down, and run the speed limit in work zones, it won't bother you. Maxdlx

tomseal6 said:
This is rediculous,

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

What if a family member or friend was driving you vehicle? You still get a ticket mailed to you??

God forbid you are in a hurry to take your woman into the emergency room to pop out a kid or something in tht nature.

This is why they lost lawsuits and gave up on it.

if I could had some spare money (I know I know, who ever does right?) I'd get a ticket from it on purpose so that I could go to fight to have it declared illegal.

i personally think it is great!!! i am working on the new tollway extension here in chicago-ish area and these people do not care about anything but getting to where they need to get too! they don't slow down and are very reckless and to be honest..... it gets a little scary at times! we have lost a couple workers in the last 2 years because no one wants to slow down!!! how would you like to be the one to go tell the kids that daddy won't be coming home from work today because he was hit by a car? :dunno:
just slow down in the work zones! that is all they are trying to accomplish! after that..... HAUL A$S!!!!!! LOL..... :rockon: :rockon:

I have to agree thats it is a good idea for people like Sleddheadd, BUT I think the camera and speed sensing equipment should only be on when workers are PRESENT. I do alot of driving in the Metro area cause I deliver parts for a Chevy dealer here in Lower Michigan. I see more cones, roads blocks, etc. than I ever see workers. Me personally only slow down when workers are present. If its posted 60mph for when workers ARENT present I keep to the normal 70mph, Ill take my chances with that. But I wont take a chance with someone elses life over getting somewhere a few mintues faster, I personally couldnt live with that. IMO talking or texting on a cell phone while driving should be enforced more. Thats where alot of my close calls come from while Im at work and Im not the one yaking on the phone. Makes it hard not to flick people off while driving a company marked vehicle.

Last edited:

Back