thinking about a boat

woofer700

hey guys, the wife and i are thinking of buying a boat, as of now it's between a lund 1850, Ranger 1760 reatta, Alumacraft 175, what do you think of these brands, anyone with experence in boating would help.

Mastercraft's not listed????

Anyway, have a friend with a lund. Very nice, high quality built aluminum fishing boat. Not sure of the model, but he's looking to replace his with another Lund. Sorry, can't speak for the others.

YS

What do you plan on using the boat for?????Thats the first thing you have to figure out. All the boats you listed are fishing boats for the most part. My parents have a 98 17' Regal LSR with a Mercrusier 130hp I/O which is only used for cruising, hauling tubes, and wakeboarding.(I used it more than anyone in my family, mainly cause its a blast to drive). All the fishing gets done in a 14 foot aluminum with a 6hp O/B equipped with electric trolling motor. The Regal does about 40mph with a 4 blade "PULLING Prop" not made for top end. Regals are known for there unique hulls which leads to great handling and control at higher speeds.

http://www.regalboats.com/

Last edited:
I listed the above boats because thats whats available in my area, I think we have found a 1800 lund fisherman, 01, with a 150 optimax, 55lb trolling motor, on board 2 bank charger, both tops (sunrider and camper top), full transport cover. ss prop, 100hrs on motor. boat will be used for fishing, maybe a tube once in a while, and just cruising.

Last edited:

Back