Got a new job at the Yamaha dealer in town!

kimoaj

Hi guys !

I just wanted to spread the good news:).

For several years I have been on the look for a job as a motorcycle/snowmobile mechanic, I`ve asked this shop several times but they claimed they didn`t have enough work for another mechanic. I didn`t consider moving cause I have a somewhat close relationship to my hometown (very small place, only 60inhabitants), and my mum got sick so it`s kind of hard to leave when it`s like that.

In the mean while I`ve been working at the supermarked (half an hour drive from where I live).

Yesterday the guy from the shop called and asked if I still was interested and ofcourse I was. He told me they had fired to apprentices on a row because they sucked. So it looks like I will get the job. Gees I can`t wait.
Will have to move to town, an hour drive from where I live now, but that`s not a problem.

Gees I`m so happy.

That`s all.. I wonder if they will alow me to shoot pictures while I wrench lol.

Have a nice evening everyone !:)

I hope you will share secrets from the pros..lol.Good for you.Maybe there will be things you can learn about sleds and let us know..or even better>teach the dealership how to do things right.

Hi everyone ! :).

Thanks SO much for all the nice replies, I really appreciate it.
I guess I`ve wrenched more then the average "starting-apprentice", but the normal age for starting as an apprentice is 17 or so, so if I had got the job when I was 17 I probably would have been much better at wrenching then I am now.
But I guess there is little I can do with that.. .
It will be nice to learn how to do everything 100% correct, I guess they have some special tools that make some jobs easier.

I will be visiting them tomorrow morning, will be exciting.

It will be so nice to put my hands on newer sleds/bikes, not just old rusty crappy mopeds.

Wellwell I`ll keep you posted:).

starting out

congrats man on the job. just remember man always ask questions if you dont know. im a mechanic now and i was once in your position.

Hey fasttoys17, yeah I will ask questions:). Where do you work?.

Today I went and spoke with the master-mechanic at the shop and he seemed very positive. One of the mechanics who worked there now was about to quit so they needed a new one.
Once he said "well I guess it`s nothing more to talk about" , so it seemed like I got the job:). But he said he would discuss it with the boss of the shop and then call me.

So I hope the best :).

Wish you the best Joakim!!! You will probably really enjoy working on these things, and it really can be a lot of fun challenging yourself to constantly do a good job even faster.

Thanks yamaholic:). Yeah I think I will, ofcourse it will be different from wrenching at home, but still I will make money out of wrenching so it will be damn nice.
:).

The apprentice salary sucks but it will raise every half year.... so I guess I`ll live.

I thought a Yamaha mechanic was like being a Maytag mechanic - just have to sit and wait for the phone to ring and then say "Sorry, wrong number!" :lol:

Congrats on the new job!!

Back