Winter is comming

maha

And you thought your grass was a problem. Where I live they say if the grass grows tall then we should get alot of snow. Well the last few years I have been watching and so far it's about right on,,,give or take a few inches.

In the picture below I went out an picked a stem of grass to send you a picture of how tall it really is. You may have to zoom a bit as it's the best my wife could do. The top is above my head and I'm 6 foot.

Attachments

• Grass.JPG
    Grass.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 55

What tricks do you have for determining the severity of winter here in the midwest. Or should we just assume that it will be crappy again? lol :winterrul

They say the more walnuts you have, the more snow. The last few times it has been off. But about 5 years ago or so it was right on. Lots of walnuts on the trees this year here. Maxdlx

With all the Global Warming going on, for us we can really see the changes. Used to get -40's now very rarely -30's. More in the -20 range. Warmer winter means more snow for us instead of ice.

An old tale that I've heard is that the darker the color of the wooly worms, the more sever the winter will be. These are the hairy caterpilers we have around here that we see in late summer to early fall. They range from all white to all black. I've already seen a black one. From years past, it doesn't seem to be accurate that I can tell. But, we can always hope.

Back