Studs

iahacker

Any body ever try the screw in track lug studs? The pitch says they are serrated to keep them from screwing out of the rubber lugs.
Would appreciate any feed back.

Thanks,

In my opinion they are complete garbage from a performance standpoint. Traction is hardly improved at all because the lugs do not have enough support to gain much from the installation of studs in the tips. If a tip were to grab something hard and get good traction, the lug simply bends over and the stud slips off the object. Then after finding out that they dont provide any traction, you realize that your lugs are shredding apart after a few hundred miles. Waste of money in my opinion unless you are just looking to slightly increase safety with increased braking performance and less corner sliding.

Bergstrom makes a similar product. These are only to be used to improve traction and braking. They are not meant for performance and will pull out when ridden hard...or on high HP sleds without enough "studs" (Lug studs)

These work well for a cheap easy way to gain some safety, but their application just doesn't apply to performance. I know Bergstrom markets them that way... not sure about the lug studs.

Back