My 2000 SX700r

1CrazySledder

VIP Member
My Old 2000 SX700r

Bender triples, vforce reeds, reed spacers, Head gasket mod, custom dash, etc...

Some pics.....

Attachments

• carbrack.JPG
    carbrack.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 25
  • chaincase.JPG
    chaincase.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 26
  • engine.JPG
    engine.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 26
  • engine2.JPG
    engine2.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 25
  • engine3.JPG
    engine3.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Some more...

Attachments

• sled2.JPG
    sled2.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 27
  • sled.JPG
    sled.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 26
  • frame2.JPG
    frame2.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 27
  • engine10.JPG
    engine10.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 30
  • engine9.JPG
    engine9.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 29
You sure have a knack for making super sharp looking sleds. That is one fine sxr. Maxdlx

maxdlx said:
You sure have a knack for making super sharp looking sleds. That is one fine sxr. Maxdlx

Thanks. I sure LOVE this sport. I could do better things, but don't always have the resources. My Imagination is limitless. lol

-Vince

If you don't mind I have some questions.
1) What's the wire that goes from your handlebar pocket into your handlebar pouch?
2) Why is the instrument panel background made of wood? Just for looks?
thanks

norwegian said:
If you don't mind I have some questions.
1) What's the wire that goes from your handlebar pocket into your handlebar pouch?
2) Why is the instrument panel background made of wood? Just for looks?
thanks

1) Thats the wire for my Heated Visor. I always just put that lead into the pocket to help protect the wire end from corrosion.
2) Yeap, that is a very thin peice of wood that I saned, stained and poly coated. There is actually 2 pieces on there. The one you see, and one for the bottom flat area. Looks really well.

-Vince

LMAO wow dude you are out of control.lol. Start your own PIMP MY SLED show. LOL. Looks killer dude. Can I ride that one 2?

Vince, you have WAY to much time on your hands LOL!! Nice work. Wish I had time for that kind of stuff. Hard to do with now SEVEN (yes , i said SEVEN) kids in the house. Have an 02 Viper I picked up cheap at the end of LAST season still sitting in the garage, waiting for the mod bug to be satisfied. Keep it up man, your sleds look AWESOME!!

chadg said:
LMAO wow dude you are out of control.lol. Start your own PIMP MY SLED show. LOL. Looks killer dude. Can I ride that one 2?

Chad,
Don't give me any ideas. I'm dangerous as it is. lol

Dave,
I built this sled a couple years ago. I don't have much time on my hands either. It's taking me forever to finish my Attak project. Working wwaaaaay to many hours. If I had kids, especially 7, I would get nothing done. lol

-Vince

BTW, This is a sled I had, I sold when I bought my RTX last year. I sure miss her tho.

COMING SOON: SRX OR V4 Project.

1CrazySledder, that sled looks very nice. I love a good shot of a clean motor compartment for some reason. Is that all powdercoat on the cylinders and airbox or paint? Either way it looks good.

Viper_Dave... you bang way too much! LOL

Thanks for the props. I work hard and put allot of labor into my sleds. They are usually ALLWAYS perfect. Until I sell or wreck 'em that is. lol

Anyway, yeah, I just used a heat res. engine paint and primer. The crank case was primered and then painted blue along with a polished water pump cover ( that you can't see ) The air box was done the same way, just not a heat res. primer, I used a primer for plastics.
Here is a pic of the crank case:

-Vince

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 15

Back