That's Gonna Leave a Mark

you cant really see it but he hit so hard it knocked his sneakers off his feet, ive seen the slow-mo of this in a different angle and you can see his sneakers go flying on impact.

Watching that brings back a couple of things my grandpa used to say.

1- I've never been impressed by stupidity.

2- Mother nature always seems to find a way to keep the dumb ones from breeding.

I'll bet the he doesn't have to pay his own doctor bills and if he were my kid it would probably take them longer to remove my shoe from his butt than to fix whatever else he broke.

opsled

shortstop20 said:
It's not like he meant to do that, %#$^ happens. I don't understand how losing grip of your board qualifies him as stupid. If he's stupid because of that, every snowmobiler that has ever wrecked is stupid too.

Well if he was riddin his board down the sidewalk, hit a crack and wiped out thats an accident but when you launch yourself 40ft in the air off of a jump (ON PERPOSE!!!) and get wrecked, :o| :o| I don't care if you are ridin a skateboard, snowmobile, sherman tank, bathtub or a bowlin ball IT'S STUPID!!

Don't get me wrong I'll take some risks once and awhile for alittle personal pleasure but ya won't catch me takin risks just to impress someone else.

Maby I'm just an old fuddy duddy but i'll bet my odds of outlivin that guy are preaty good. ;)!

he is not stupid, i am willing to bet that he gets paid 2-3 times more than you do, this is his job, he makes a good living off skateboarding, he is a professional.

redsnake3 said:
he is not stupid, i am willing to bet that he gets paid 2-3 times more than you do, this is his job, he makes a good living off skateboarding, he is a professional.

Im with ya there, its all part of the sport just like any other sport. If any of you talking sh** ever stepped on a skateboard you would have alot more respect for skateboarders, its not ez in anyway. Plus he gets payed for what he loves to do and he knows the risk involved. IMO I think you guys running your mouths are just jealous that hes got bigger balls than you.

redsnake3 said:

OOOps, Looks like I may have touched a nerve here so maby I should rethink my position on the matter.

O.K. Lets see if I can get this straight. If you do something wild and crazy (like jumping skateboards) long enough to get good enough that people will pay you lots of money to watch you do it even if you break your neck or you end up with your ankles permantly attached to your @$$, you are considered a "professional" NOT stupid. Right? Then when you retire to that mansion on the hill you bought with all that money you have from making your legs shorter you will be admired by all and can look down at the UNprofessional, tennis shoes glued to the ground, low renters (like me) and laugh while trying to get up into your wheel chair. By George I think I've got it!!

I guess my old man was wrong when he chewed my @$$ and called me stupid for jumping out of trees and making ramps to jump my bike when I was a kid. He should have encouraged me and then I would have alot of money too. It's all HIS fault I'm such a screwed up mess.

Oh well it's to late to do anything about it now. I guess I'll just pull my three kids out of collage, buy em all skateboards and tell them "you are now PROFESSIONALS, so go out and make some money". (wonder if the wife will buy it? would save me alot of dough) Man if I only had this knowledge 30 years ago just think where I would be today.

One more thought, I wonder what those docters and nurses in the emergency room were thinking while they were putting this guy back together knowing that they wasted all that time in med school thinking they would be a professional when all they had to do was learn to jump a skateboard??? Hmmmm

Yea, O.K. I think I got it now.

Phil (opsled) (confusious say never BS a BS'er) Your turn ;)! ;)! ;)!

opsled said:
OOOps, Looks like I may have touched a nerve here so maby I should rethink my position on the matter.

O.K. Lets see if I can get this straight. If you do something wild and crazy (like jumping skateboards) long enough to get good enough that people will pay you lots of money to watch you do it even if you break your neck or you end up with your ankles permantly attached to your @$$, you are considered a "professional" NOT stupid. Right? Then when you retire to that mansion on the hill you bought with all that money you have from making your legs shorter you will be admired by all and can look down at the UNprofessional, tennis shoes glued to the ground, low renters (like me) and laugh while trying to get up into your wheel chair. By George I think I've got it!!

I guess my old man was wrong when he chewed my @$$ and called me stupid for jumping out of trees and making ramps to jump my bike when I was a kid. He should have encouraged me and then I would have alot of money too. It's all HIS fault I'm such a screwed up mess.

Oh well it's to late to do anything about it now. I guess I'll just pull my three kids out of collage, buy em all skateboards and tell them "you are now PROFESSIONALS, so go out and make some money". (wonder if the wife will buy it? would save me alot of dough) Man if I only had this knowledge 30 years ago just think where I would be today.

One more thought, I wonder what those docters and nurses in the emergency room were thinking while they were putting this guy back together knowing that they wasted all that time in med school thinking they would be a professional when all they had to do was learn to jump a skateboard??? Hmmmm

Yea, O.K. I think I got it now.

Phil (opsled) (confusious say never BS a BS'er) Your turn ;)! ;)! ;)!

K this will be my last post on all this non sense cause this all goes back to MY OPINION and YOUR OPINION BS.

All I have to say is WHAT IF you wake up tommorow and break whatever bone doing some regular task you normally do in a day. Well say walking down some steps as an example. You trip and break your neck, back, leg, whatever... Guess what more than likely your going to feel it when you get old. I have fractured both my ankles and sprained them countless times, just playing basketball. Im only 22 years old and Im already feeling it at times, so I'm I consider STUPID????......NO......... Maybe a lil bit clumsy....LOL, but I loved the sport so once I healed up I kept on playing even though I knew Id never make it in the PROS. Why cause I loved what I was doing as that skater will more than likely do. Will give him more drive to do it again and do it again right.

Just remember bad things happen to people while snowmobiling too. Does that make them stupid if its not there fault or wasnt expecting a object to be ahead of them......NO...... Are we considered stupid for blasting across a frozen peice of ice at 100mph......NO....... Were consider crazy by most people, but not stupid. If they think were stupid theyre just scared or have never felt the rush.

SH** HAPPENS weather your a PRO or Regular Joe. End of Story

And if you argue with that, then that just tells me what kinda Joe you are.
CLOSE MINDED!!!!!!

But thats all I have to say on all this. Later

Last edited:
Jake brown will be back next year and OPS he'll be right back on that ramp doing what he loves to do and that's skateboard big air. Jumping out of trees now that's stupid right there.

Aww come on ExpertViper, don't quit on me now this is just starting to get fun!!! It's got nothing to do with oppinions, it's about BS vs BS and at 22 you outa be able to outlast a 46 year old man!!! Hell I probably couldn't even sit down on one of those things without bustin my neck and I hope they do get that kid fixed up and back flyin through the air with the greatest of ease. But I won't ever feel sorry for him, you, me or anyone else that does that stuff. I just hope that someday he doesn't regret it.

I've got my share of nics and scratches from being clumsy (usually beer clumsy) and if you think your feeling it now just wait. Christ I threw my back out last week just takin a wizz (no strength in the arms anymore and I dropped it). So come up with some good stuff and let me have it!!!! Oh and streachSXV, jumpin out of trees was when I was just a babe I've done lots dumber things since then. :bump: :bump: :bump:

Well It's time for my nap, opsled

Back