TY ride in the Rockys?

nightmanx1

Ride in the Rockys?

Who would be interested in getting together this winter out here in the Co. or Wy area. I am thinking around Jan or Feb.

Last edited:

nightmanx1 said:
Who would be interested in getting together this winter out here in the Co. or Wy area. I am thinking around Jan or Feb.

I'd get in on that. I take over a week off of work every Feb. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Chadq...YOU BETTER GET IN ON THIS ALSO, buddy. lol

-Vince

We could be interested, have talked about heading out west for years and have never done it. It would have to be a Fly in and rent deal for me though. Any Yammi dealers in your area with a nice rental fleet??

2 Nytro Mountain's please

I will see what I can find. I know there is alot of places to ride here in Colorado and a few places to ride near Laramie. Here is some of the maps from last year. It would be nice if we could plane it when Yamaha is out here for the demo rides, it would let some people try the new sleds out.

http://www.coloradodirectory.com/maps/snowmobile-trails.html

OK here is an UPDATE.

I have started to contact some of the local clubs and riding groups to see if I can get some ideas or even HELP on putting this thing together.

Last edited:
We are actually planning a "Snowmobile Week" from January 26 to Feb 3 in Leadville! We are planning to have a bunch of rides for all levels, we are hoping to maybe have an avalanche class and/or GPS class both with hands-on training in the form of a fun event of some kind, discounts on lodging and restaurants, ---basically a bunch of really cool stuff!!!!!! I would LOVE to have you all join us!

nighnmanx1 yami usually has the rentals in larmie later in march and sometimes the first couple weekends in april.

The idea of a new riding destination like Colorado sounds great. If the where and when is right, I'm there. This is just a suggestion for those who will make the decisions. Cooke City, MT is high end mountian riding. All 4 manuf. current mountain sleds are available for rent. No frills; rooms, food, fuel, booze and powder. I know the area well enough to get everyone really lost.

I am not going to be able to get much time off this winter to go anyplace, that is why I was thinking of somthing in this area. I can get a hold of a buddy who has some rentals, week long or weekend long, in Leadville if anyone might be up for it. I know there is a few hotels and BARS there.

Last edited:
we are working on discounts at hotels, avalanche classes, fun-runs and a snodeo, maybe some demo sleds etc......... will keep posting here and working to get you guys to 10,152 feet in elevation!!!

Thanx for the update. I have stayed at the Alpine BUTT there is NO and I meen NO room to get in there with a trailer. I know someone that might have a few places open that week if anyone is looking at coming out.

Ok I talked to my friend today and he has all his places open for that week up in Leadville. If you want to stay up there for the weeke or just a weekend, PM me and I will give you his phone #

Steamboat is the place to go if you want to ride all kinds of terain, from giant meadows to big (big) hill climbs. Great trail system, good grooming and very nice cabins close to the best riding.. Let me know if, when and where it is. I can probably get a few locals to come along and guide a little.

Thanks AK, but we are trying to get somthing going and trying to make it a yearly get together.

They are currently working to get our web-site up and running and when they do it will have tons of info on scheduling (as things are confirmed), discounted lodging (one of the big reasons we are doing this is to get tourists to Leadville in the winter, so please plan to use local vendors whenever possible!!), prices, etc.

They are going to be at the SnowShow in Denver on Oct 6 and 7 with some info! They are doing a drawing for free stuff including free registration so plan to stop by and see them! Speaking of registration-- there will be a registration fee of $50 per person which will include all the "fun" runs, insurance, a t-shirt and one breakfast!
I will post the website address as soon as it is up and running, but will also continue to post things here so check back often!

If you want to contact them directly you may do so at travelwithcare@hotmail.com -- be sure and put "lead-sled" somewhere in the subject line!!!

We are still working on details and probably will be up until close to the last minute -- HOWEVER we have set up a web-site that will be your best place for up-to-date details!! go to www.leadsled.leadvillecolorado.info !!! Also we have decided that in order to satisfy the needs of several parties we will require pre-registration at a cost of $50 per person. This fee will cover all "fun-runs", one buffet breakfast, associate membership in the High Riders Snowmobile Club, and an event t-shirt! You will also qualify for special deals at local hotels! Registration and deals on lodging will be available until January 10.
We are still going to be at the SnowShow in Denver THIS weekend!! Pre-registration forms will be available there or you can contact me at 719-486-8456 or via email at travelwithcare@hotmail.com if you can't make it to the show! If you do come by and pre-register at the booth we are giving away a THREE NIGHT HOTEL STAY to one lucky winner!!

Well I hope people are going to show up, I talked to a friend and they got 2 FEET of snow last weekend and more is coming this weekend. and that is just in town.

Back