back yard movie theater

BETHEVIPER

Life Member
A few weeks ago I bought a dlp projector, we have been having movie parties in the back yard. I wish I had done this years ago. If you have bought a 2000$ flat screen, you have wasted your money, we watched wizard of oz tonight on a 10' x 14' screen. We mostly use it in the house with a small 60in screen.

anyone else doing this?

i thought of having guy night and having a bar and a good guy movie. ill let you know and you can bring all the beer

Last edited:
I know the Downtowner Bar in Houghton used to show hockey games this way in the part of the bar that leads onto their deck, I don't know if they still do or not. You had to get their mighty early to get a good seat, but that was a win win in my book. ;)!

Lol, yah I've done that in the garage watching sled movies with a neighbour. Lots of fun and lots of beer. I cheat and borrow a projector from work though. Great idea though!

DUDE...I've been think of getting a projector aswell...I wanna have a full fledge Pink Floyd movie party in my back yard...Lazers, Fog, Surround sound and Flying pigs all from the comforts of my hot tub...hahaha..
I currently just upgraded from a 19" to a 21" ...So as you can tell, I'm dying to getting something with more of a "Presense"...

BTV...good for you...I"m soo jealous

my brother bought a optoma projector and its clear and can get really big. we measured 108'' screen inside are apartment and you could make it way bigger with more space

I was building a diy version but had some troubles then they turned into more time and money and i just cut my losses and bought one. if you want to make one, go to lumenlabs.com and check out the forums.

Back