My Vmax-4

Master of Faster

Lifetime Member
I decided to rebuild/restore my 92 Vmax-4 over the summer. I've had this sled for about 8 years and after 11,700 miles this will be the first time that the motor has been rebuilt, still showed 125 psi on every cylinder at the end of last winter. This is my ice sled now, I haven't trail ridden it in a few years just do some local ice dragging with it.

Here's what it looked like before
Vmax4007.jpg

Here's the new chassis after we stripped and polished it
vmax4009.jpg

vmax4008.jpg

95 800 Driveline mocked up and blueprinted
vmax4010.jpg

vmax4014.jpg

Panels painted, 2007 Ford Vista Blue Metallic, still need to sand and buff. Had alot of cracks to repair in these.
Hood after color:
VmaxPaint002.jpg

Hood after clear:
VmaxPaint005.jpg

VmaxPaint006.jpg

VmaxPaint007.jpg

It's starting to come together now and I will add more pictures soon, I've gotten almost all the parts I need collected except for a rear suspension.

I just got the crank back from getting trued and welded and I should have my cylinders done soon so I can get the motor together, stay tuned.

Well, I haven't really kept up on the pictures, but heres the latest. I have pretty much all the parts necessary to finish except for a driveshaft and I would like to find a nicer seat/seat cover.

Panels and new decals on
Vmax-4005.jpg

Vmax-4003.jpg

Vmax-4002.jpg

Engine finished and installed
Vmax-4007.jpg

VDO tach installed
Vmax-4010.jpg

Great color! And I love the tach. Did made the plastics by yourself in the dash for the VDO?

Ike

Yes I made the plastic pieces, I cut them out of one of those thin plastic rollup snow sleds then just velcroed it in place so its easily removable.

Back