big bore 779cc

SrXxTrEeM

Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Maxxium performance (779) bigbore
I was wondering if anyone out there as their bigbore or knows sombody that has one installed. How does it run compared to a stock srx.(Mine is a 98 srx ) My questions are what kind of rpms does it run and the hp rating on it. Also do you have to have the cases ported for this? Any other comments would be appreciated. I might be able to trade a guy for his setup for my stock setup. He's trading his in. Thanks any other comments would be apprectiated. Thanks

Attachments

• Ben on Viper.jpg
    Ben on Viper.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Viper.jpg
    Viper.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1

i have been running one for three years theres alot to be gained as long as you get the bender big bore pipes case porting 40mm carbs hauck cdi box.runs close to a ub 944 and psi 1080 definatly outlasts them i have towed them out alot! :twisted:

Attachments

• hdcrowd.jpg
    hdcrowd.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 5,228
have a bender 835. bender pipes, case porting, 38 carbs & 120# cranking pressure. 190 hp @ 8600 & 120 lbs. ft. torque. this is my 2nd season with it. this is a trail sled. HAS REVERSE & camo 1" predator with 240 woody's megabites. also has roller rooster & heelclickers. ran 125.8 mph in 2000' 1st week of april '03 on trout lake. this was on darryl's radar gun from double d testing & racing. sled had full tank of gas & 170# rider. sled was not lowered or taped - trail stock. was fastest sled of day. this is a great package. trouble free & loads of fun.

bufalobob are you from northbay

1st i dont want to bust your bubble but the bender kits dont make 190hp
i have dyno sheets here from a reace ported bender 835 and all we got out of it was 175hp , that with lectrons 44mm carbs and crank shop pipes and k&n filters , so i dont think you can ever get 190hp out of a 835 im sorry but i tested lots we even have our own track dyno here and we did all we can to get it to go like mad but they did work well just not what was supose to be...

my wifes price 1000cc only gets 218hp on dyno and its a trail race . my old motor , and shes getting that with 35mm yamaha carbs and cpr pipes,

i do lots of radar in north bay and sudbury

i run with rob julien aka elvis
hes got a zrt 1000 hes in the 156 mph at those tracks
i was not there this year but he was
last year my srx 700 stock motor hit 128.5 in 2500 feet thnx

Dyno Sheet??

SrXxTrEeM , Can you post that Dynosheet of the Race ported Bender 835 bigbore you own ?? Would be real awesome to see....... :shock: :D!!!!

Max BB

I have a Maxx Big Bore. I have had all 3 versions of it. I no longer have the SRX so the BB is in a box. I also have the Megapower Head setup with changeable inserts. The motor was very strong and reliable if jetted properly. The only downfall to it was the Wiseco pistons. The second version had modified Artic pistons which made no power, so they finally got Wiseco to make a stringer piston. I ran those pistons last year(2002) with no problems. I only put 500 miles on though due to the poor winter that year. I could beat alot of sleds, but not a friends HTG XCR800 which was avery strong sled. I'm not sure it was worht the original investment of $4000, I bought new cylinders and heads so I could put the sled back to stock when I sold it. But if you pick up a kit used for $1500 or less, then you would have a good deal. The Megapower heads provide much better cooling than the stock ones do. If you get one of these kits let me know because I have all kinds of info on clutching and jetting.

Max BB

I have a Maxx Big Bore. I have had all 3 versions of it. I no longer have the SRX so the BB is in a box. I also have the Megapower Head setup with changeable inserts. The motor was very strong and reliable if jetted properly. The only downfall to it was the Wiseco pistons. The second version had modified Artic pistons which made no power, so they finally got Wiseco to make a stringer piston. I ran those pistons last year(2002) with no problems. I only put 500 miles on though due to the poor winter that year. I could beat alot of sleds, but not a friends HTG XCR800 which was avery strong sled. I'm not sure it was worht the original investment of $4000, I bought new cylinders and heads so I could put the sled back to stock when I sold it. But if you pick up a kit used for $1500 or less, then you would have a good deal. The Megapower heads provide much better cooling than the stock ones do. If you get one of these kits let me know because I have all kinds of info on clutching and jetting.

Attachments

• 20150829_184349.jpg
    20150829_184349.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1
i posted only the facts. I also have a bender IS700 - 191 hp @ 9700 & a 800 sx - 165 hp @ 8700. all engines have been dyno tested. last event of '02 @ double d's race, the IS700 ran a best of 128.6 in 2000'. if you only got 175 hp out of a race 835 you are doing something wrong. probably the culprit is the pipes. you need to use the bender pipes. a 835 trail engine without case porting & with stock carbs & with bender pipes is 175 to 178hp. over 210 hp full race. when you start to mix & match other builders pieces into a already proven package you will never acheive the same results. don't try to reinvent the wheel.

yes i agree with you on that bob

but we had a set of the 1st gen bender pipes and my crank shop got more

that why i posted what i did , but my 1287 price motor kicks ass ;) its on nitrous and i will be there next winter i realy miss that track this winter i had no time ..
i was getting my trucking comp off the ground but next year i will have lots of time

i also liked the bender kit and i had 2 780 kits also from maxxperf and i like it too
but i realy like the price motors they are realy well done and iantomasi did the port work

my next motor is being built right now its 1400cc this is for a laydown radar sled somthing like arnies cat house new one he did this year

(Buckeye)- I got a BBkit from srxextreme, and it is the cat piston version. When you said it makes "no power", is it just a little less than the wiseco piston version, but still better than stock? Right now I am quite strapped for $, but as soon as I can save a little, I am going to get the bored carbs and some other parts off srxextreme for his old bb setup I got from him. But if I did have the extra $ though, can I get just the wiseco pistons in the same setup, (minus the spacer plate) and have the more power, or is it slightly different? I heard the 778 kit is actually a 787 kit when it is the cat version. PS- Hi srx extreme... still rubbing my nickles together! *Also-I believe my kit uses the earlier '98 type porting. I have the capability to make it to my '01 port timing if anyone knows if it is prefered on the Max setups. I have to call wiseco-someone told me I can get this piston weight closer to the stock SRX piston weight by getting a lighter wrist pin from weseco. THANKS! :wink:

hey yeah yeah

yes you can use the wisco pistons in your kit you need to know what cat piston they used i can call them i been dealing with them since the sx 700 came out

but yeah we talk about that the night you and me was in north bay

the kits is wide open for all you would like to do

as far as i know that 98 and 2001 big bore kits all use the same porting
but like you said whne you seen the kit there is lots of room to play with
you should play with it and mod what you can and perfect it to what you like
this what im doing now with my 1287 we are tuning it to how i like ot ride it and run it
same with the new 1400cc im getting made right it will also be a project
thats the fun part of all this mod stuff is the making of somthing that only you have and only you will have ase .... cause nobody will have the same port job as you after you done working it
anyways you call me you still got my # some night just call and i will help you set it up on clutching and gears and get that little one rocking ;)
next winter you guys will have to come father north then north bay and see this big monster ;)

chow :P

I'm jealous! You got some neat toys! I've had an exciter big bore w/nitrous, 670 summit w/turbo, and if I ever rode with you, I guess I'd know it if you ate mexican earlier! Hope to ride w/you some day anyways. Marc.

Maxx BB kit

The Maxx kit with the cat pistons actually made about 3 hp over stock.. That is why they recalled it and resleeved the cylinders and went with the newer Wiseco piston. You are right. It was a 787 kit because the cat piston was a little bigger. The Wiseco version was a 778. You cannot use the wiseco pistons in a cylinder designed for the cat pistons. There will be too much piston slap and the shirts will break. The cylinders will need to be resleeved to use the Wisecos. They tried several different base gaskets on the dyno to get the cat pistons to make power and nothing worked. They also tried cuttuing the top of the cat piston to flatten it like the Wiseco and that didn't work either. They bit the bullet and re did the kits for free for those of us that knew about it and complained. I imagine there were still alot out there that never knew and got stuck with the cat version. You could call Bruce at Pioneer and ask him for advice. He was handling that project when he was at Maxx. He left the next year and formed Pioneer. Maxx. did not offer the kit after that year. It became too expensive for them. Good luck

Maxx BB kit

The Maxx kit with the cat pistons actually made about 3 hp over stock.. That is why they recalled it and resleeved the cylinders and went with the newer Wiseco piston. You are right. It was a 787 kit because the cat piston was a little bigger. The Wiseco version was a 778. You cannot use the wiseco pistons in a cylinder designed for the cat pistons. There will be too much piston slap and the shirts will break. The cylinders will need to be resleeved to use the Wisecos. They tried several different base gaskets on the dyno to get the cat pistons to make power and nothing worked. They also tried cuttuing the top of the cat piston to flatten it like the Wiseco and that didn't work either. They bit the bullet and re did the kits for free for those of us that knew about it and complained. I imagine there were still alot out there that never knew and got stuck with the cat version. You could call Bruce at Pioneer and ask him for advice. He was handling that project when he was at Maxx. He left the next year and formed Pioneer. Maxx. did not offer the kit after that year. It became too expensive for them. Good luck

Maxx BB kit

Xtreme
You could only get 175hp out of a 835 Race ported motor?? My race ported 700 makes 190hp. That price 1000 at 218 is pretty low too. Our 1000 HTG XCR makes a solid 238hp. Will you ever learn how to tune a sled? ===SRXSRULE===

Thanks Buckeye. I ported my stock cylinders and it ran pretty good. If all I'm gaining is 3 hp over stock with the cat piston kit, I think I'll puke. I individually measured all the piston components seperately to compare to stock weight, and it ended up that the cat piston assembly was 44.9 g. hevier than the stock srx pistons. That's a lot of extra weight to be slinging back and forth at over 8,000 rpms. I don't know what to do. I feel sick. It is already using the lighter wrist pin to shed the weight also. You said that they may help me out to get the wiseco setup if I cry on their shoulder? I hope they can do something. I don't even want to bother putting this thing together. I beat all my buddies while on my trip up north, and I found out when I got home that 2 out of 3 exhaust valves had the cables pulled through the ends, so they were not even opening! Whaaaaaaaa! :cry:

Back