Whats everyone doing?

TopGunnSrx

Website
www.tsufilmz.com
So what is everyone doing to there machines before the snow hits?

Im currently in the process of putting new top end in the ole blue srx, figure 8k miles was enough before a rebuild. Also am gonna get some porting done while im at it, so she should be a brand new animal by the time the snow flies!

Complete tear down.
New top end, PTO/mag seals on the crank, new drive bearings, and extroverts.
The front heat exchanger is also being replaced due to some huge cracks from an OOPS! at the end of last season.

What's left to do?
align my front end, and head to the dyno to see what rpm to run at, and hope for 270hp /165 ft. lbs. :)

New 1" track on the good old Phazer ll. All bogie bearings in the rear, new center shock and slides.

Silver

I painted the pipes,all new gaskets,cowl foam,airbox cover and cleaned and polished under the hood. On the back half I sanded,primered and painted the tunnel and put on new seat snaps. All that"s left is a new track,middle and rear shock along with any bearings and bushings that need changing. Then it"s back to the front for a clutch set-up or rebuild and wait and wait. :letitsnow :letitsnow :winterrul :2strokes:

in the process of rounding up parts!!! shes got 11,000 miles on her this year and I need parts!!! Probably just replacing what is broken and doing a little cosmetic clean up. I love winter, but between the Fall salmon run, deer season, and school I haven't even looked at my sled!!

Just picked up an 02 viper, it will be getting the works, m-12, skis, riser/bars, some paint, hopefully some graffics, a can etc. I will most likely make a new topic to show the progress once i get started. right now, im getting parts lined up & cleaning the garage out

my '02 viper ER is getting a total goin through
clean powervalves
rebuild/align clutches
replace driveline bearings
rebuild/revalve shocks
replace any bearings in skid that are needed
and other maintenance

EXTRA GOODIES:
4.5" handle bar risers
new cables & stainless brake line
left hand throttle
different windshield
custom silencer
powder bar
apex hand warmers
raise seat (added foam and wedge riser, or make a flat top seat...haven't decided)
new C&A outlaw skis w/ 8" carbides

and if the budget allows...a different track...1.25 or 1.5 x 136

Last edited:
i am starting a new project. a 500cc suzuki L/C snowmobile motor in a yamaha blaster frame. it will be on alcahol and run on the dunes. i will start a thread soon.

my attak got an oil filter relocation kit and a new set of slides and thats it for that one.

my viper is serviced, getting a proactive installed "hopefully" and smaller drivers so i can stud the ripsaw

Wasn't much that didn't get done last year, so, dismantled chanicase/reverse to inspect, put in fresh oil, pulled out the Expert, lubed up and added Excell Motorsports brace kit today,put the pipes/skid back in, going to change the bushings in the primary, then we need snow!!! :letitsnow

Rebuilding my skid, changeing gearing, going trough carbs , new parts to airboxes (plastic tubes) etc.

Ike

SRXer said:
Wasn't much that didn't get done last year, so, dismantled chanicase/reverse to inspect, put in fresh oil, pulled out the Expert, lubed up and added Excell Motorsports brace kit today,put the pipes/skid back in, going to change the bushings in the primary, then we need snow!!! :letitsnow
Well, got bored, building a 3" seat riser, and ordered a set of urban camo white/blue/grey Slydogs today. Right after putting the pipes back on, I see a slice in the recoil rope, so pipes are comin back off I guess-LOL. Also ordered a swingarm upgrade kit for the Expert from Excell. Put new sliders on yesterday, that should be it for this year.

Back