ChadG's work in progress

mrviper700

VIP Lifetime Member
Chad brought over his "Black " xtc600 sled to get longtracked to a 136" and a slight tweak in the engine including new pistons/rings etc. I figured I would post some pics for him to show his build while he is busy covering up swimming pools for people. I will let him fill in the details of his ride.

Attachments

• chad1.JPG
    chad1.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Out with the old to get ready for putting in the new............... I also posted a couple pics of the chaincase slid off the jackshaft and drive shaft with the brake rotor/caliper still intact, this is the easy way to change the track, the tension on the parking brake springs are tuff!! All you have to watch for is the keyway in the jackshaft for the brake rotor doesnt fall out, simply place it at "12 oclock" and it will stay in.

Attachments

• chad2.JPG
    chad2.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 22
  • chad3.JPG
    chad3.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 33
  • chad4.JPG
    chad4.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hey Chad, I hope you know where all these parts go back on.....................I forget.................LOL!!! :o| :rofl:

Attachments

• chad5.JPG
    chad5.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 17
LMOA you kill me Don. I dont either LOL. First of all thanks for taking the time to post pics. I really appreciate that. I would probly put it all back together, start it up and punch it, and the sled would only go in reverse LMAO. picture that LOL going down the trail in reverse at 80 mph. LOL. Thanks again

Chadg

Chad used hartman rail extensions with the hyfax extenders, these are nice peices of aluminum! I also cut his rear axle spacer to center the idler wheel, this improves the pressure spread applied to the track, more even all the way across the inside of the track, unlike the offset design of the stock set up.

Attachments

• chad136.1 001.JPG
    chad136.1 001.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 19
  • chad136.1 002.JPG
    chad136.1 002.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 15
Using a Camoplast 1.25" track with the built in studs in the lugs, got it installed back in the sled. While your there its always a good idea to remove the grease seals on the driveshaft bearings, clean out the old dirt and regrease it. I also used a little emery cloth on the shaft end with some anti seize in case someone needs to remove it later, it wont be frozen to the driveshaft and require a puller to remove.

Also inspect the speedo gear drive and grease it as well before reassembling it.

Attachments

• chad136.1 004.JPG
    chad136.1 004.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 17
  • chad136.1 003.JPG
    chad136.1 003.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Sweet!!! and i thought chad was going to do all that work himself!? ...hmmmm..... he told me it was going to you for engine work only!?..... hmmmmm ...lol... tried to sneak one over on us! lol....

NO NO NO mark all of the credit goes to DON!!!!! NOT ME BRO. Sleds are not my thing. But if you ever have a ? about a pool give me a call.

lol...... i just miss giving you crap, kid! lol..... hey one month till novi!! can't wait to hang out again, have a few beers!
that sled is looking good!

Chad,

When you come down to Mardi Gras, I am looking for some cheap labor to install a hot tub and a deck out back my house. I will give you enought to pay your gas round trip

HAHA

Chad look's sweet so far.
Glad you got rid of those red and white graphics.

Chad,

Sled looks great! this year I am running 3rd following you behind Rich in the deep stuff. God knows I could use a nice path for my fat a$$. LOL

Little longer tunnel now, still need to fabricate a bumper mount and drill holes to install the rear cooler tube, the aftermarket tunnel extension did not have any provisions for a rear cooler. The rail extensions and hyfax extensions all fit perfectly. Now chad will need to get a set of mtn max hose covers to finish it all off.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
tracks aggressive............

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 25
Gotta love black XTCs ......

MRVIPER700 - How tall is the stand you made there - looks to work real well. How about postin' a sketch? (pppplllleeeaaassseeeee?)

This old ratty thing?? its a crude stand but it works good, its 30" high, has 4"x6" bottoms on it so it doesnt kick out , 17" wide at the base, 2x4 uprights are 8 inchs apart, i just cut a "v" in the top to hold onto the bumper. Pretty easy to make from pic. I use this with a 4"x6" under the skis to change out skids and its pretty simple. I also have a crank up sled lift but I dont like it very much as the sides are in the way all the time when working on the rear skid/track.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 2

Back