Track install 136 ripsaw

Yammi Nut

Hello Yamaha Riders, I have a question about my new track install. I am moving my Viper out to a 136 and I am installing a 136 ripsaw clipped every 3rd window not the fully clipped model. I have two questions- 1st one is What is the difference between a fully clipped track or clipped every 3rd window. 2nd one is- There are directional arrows on the track which way do they go if you were setting on your machine facing forward. I know it probably sounds like a stupid question but I am having a moment here with a blank thought process.

i know the arrow goes the direction the track is traveling. if the arrow is on the ground it should face the rear of the sled. if on top ,under tunnel iot shoud face the front of sled. sometimes we all get those little mind blocks!

sledheadd is absolutely correct on the arrow directions.
As for the clips, it is referring the the metal clips that are crimped on the open windows above your slides. A clipped every 3rd window track is just that, only every 3rd one has the metal clip. This is done for weight savings. A fully clipped track is also just that, every window has the clip. This reduces friction somewhat in lower snow/icy conditions, as the sliders are not heating up against the bare rubber on the inside of the track causing large friction. Both have pros/cons, I run a 121 1.25 3rd window clipped Ripsaw myself.

Tracks that are clipped every 3rd also have some of the windows that are closed. Tracks that are clipped every third are a little bit lighter than tracks that are fully clipped.
As for the arrow, as sleddheadd said, the arrow should be pointed in the direction the track is traveling.

Back