Big thanks to HIGHLANDS YAMAHA

NY AttakGT

VIP Member
I just wanted to give recognition to a great dealer for EXEMPLARY customer service. Big thanks to Terry and Laurene from Highlands Yamaha in Countryside, IL.

I bought a bunch of gear and clothing from Highlands Yamaha this weekend (greeeeeat deals) at the Big East Powersports show in Syracuse, NY. I get home to find out I had mistakely bought the wrong size jacket (SM and I am an XL. Not even sure how that happened!). And also I went to try on my new Yamaha bib and the zipper came off. So I was not having a good day at all. Problem was I lived quite a distance away. I called them in the morning and they gladly put the right jacket aside for me (without charging me any additional $ for a deposit or whatever). They could have easily said tough s*&t, you bought it, you're stuck with it, whether it fits or not.

So I got up to the show and they had the right size jacket ready and waiting for me when I got there which they gladly exchanged. Unfortunately the bib with the broken zipper, they did not have any more in my size in which Terry was ready to give me a full refund. I told them I really wanted the bib, not the money. So Laurene went out of her way to sit and fiddle with the broken zipper for about 10-15 minutes (in what was a very busy dealer booth) and fixed my zipper for me. Easily, they could have told me there was nothing they could do for me and to bring it to a tailor at my own expense.

I just wanted to give a great dealer showing great customer service proper recognition to the Yamaha community.

Thanks Highlands Yamaha. Great job!!

--Steve (O.C.)

I have bought a lot of stuff from them and never had any problems. They tend to have a lot of new old stock items also.

That's great, thanks for the good info! I am looking to buy some apparel this year too so that is good to hear and I definately won't mind throwing them some business!

Great prices on apparel. Everything was greatly discounted from MSRP. Alot of closeout items real cheap. Got some stuff for myself, stuff for the wife, and some even got some Yamaha clothes for the new baby on the way.

--Steve (O.C.)

I too bought things from them this weekend at the show. They had the best selection and great prices. They were a pleasure to do business with.

as I stated in the 4 stroke section!!! If they were a sponsor I would consider tossing them some business but I have to take care of them that take care of Totallyamaha. I am not trying to discourage positive feed back or experiences from any user with a Yamaha Dealer but would like us not to forget about those that help us on Totallyamaha. So please my post is not a bad one to try and stop you, just a thought is all. I truly wish all dealers where this positive to their people. Like I said NY AttakGT, this is a great post and encourage more posts like this but I like to help those that help us... that all.. no foul here.

MrSled said:
as I stated in the 4 stroke section!!! If they were a sponsor I would consider tossing them some business but I have to take care of them that take care of Totallyamaha. I am not trying to discourage positive feed back or experiences from any user with a Yamaha Dealer but would like us not to forget about those that help us on Totallyamaha. So please my post is not a bad one to try and stop you, just a thought is all. I truly wish all dealers where this positive to their people. Like I said NY AttakGT, this is a great post and encourage more posts like this but I like to help those that help us... that all.. no foul here.

;)! I couldn't agree more!

i personally dont care either way. i do believe tho that people will go where they feel that they are treated the best. as far as the sponsor hell ya i would buy from them if the price is right. nobody on this site doesnt want to get bent over on a price of something :bash:

I agree with what you say pro116 , as i planned on buying from a site sponsor at the show. But they didnt have what i was looking for so i had to go elsewhere.

Ordered from Rich and CB, bought from Port last year, thrown some work at Redmater. Sponsors make the world(read TY) go round. Great post NY AttakGT, glad you had a positive experience.

Back