Work on my XTC

ViperXC

More or less trying out pictures and stuff after starting my project.

Thanks to: xsivhp, B-RAD, B2SO, SRXSRULE for the project parts so far. ;)!

Attachments

• Before starting (Custom).jpg
    Before starting (Custom).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Ready to start (Custom).jpg
    Ready to start (Custom).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Seat, Skid removed (Custom).jpg
    Seat, Skid removed (Custom).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Lol IDK, I bumped into some guy at Hay Days with a seat and I told him I would buy it and that is all the farther the seat got was on the other one. Thanks again, XC
Oh ya, The toy mower isnt usually on there either, lol

Last edited:
Going with a 136 1.25 ripsaw and some other maint stuff. Found the the bushings are pretty much pounded out of the skid. Couple worn wheels. Fixing it up for my neice to ride and for my boys when they get older.

ViperXC said:
Going with a 136 1.25 ripsaw and some other maint stuff. Found the the bushings are pretty much pounded out of the skid. Couple worn wheels. Fixing it up for my neice to ride and for my boys when they get older.
Cool...

Been checking part numbers and it looks like my Viper and XTC have the same size skid wheels on them. Is this correct? I have a new set of wheels for my Viper and figured I would just swap out some wheels from one to the other and save a few dollars and some shelf space. Thanks, XC

ViperXC said:
Been checking part numbers and it looks like my Viper and XTC have the same size skid wheels on them. Is this correct?
I would say yes, they are the same just different color.

Finally got the parts to continue with my project, batteries in camera died so I can't load up any pics right now. Was wondering on the rail ext. What have others done with the 1/2" adjust of the rail ext? Move it forward right away and bolt it on or all the way back in the oem rail slot? XC

Slow progress but still progress.

...and more parts on order, 10,000 miles and it shows.

Got the tunnel ext with mountain max cooler installed today.

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Well it is finally rideable.

Attachments

• Picture 039 (Custom).jpg
    Picture 039 (Custom).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 040 (Custom).jpg
    Picture 040 (Custom).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 20
Thanks, It rides good and hooks up great! I still need to loosen the front shock springs but it does steer good. The guy I bought it from had replaced a jug due to the piston turning not too long ago and I have an oil pump on backorder for it. It has V-force reeds in it and a silencer might be nice for weight loss.

I got the kit from a fellow TYer but it is a MountainPerformance kit. The time consuming part was the maint due to the high mileage. Putting the long track kit on wasn't so bad at all. The chain case and axle intimidated me but before I knew it I had the chain case and everything tore out and the track was hanging back in there. It was well worth it too cuz I love the way it hooks up and goes. I put a brp ripsaw track in, the 1.25" lug height.

For my Viper I have loose parts(not a kit), mt max ext with cooler and tracks usa rail ext. I am going with a 1.75" track for my Viper project. XC

Now for some better snow.

Attachments

• Picture 050 (Custom).jpg
    Picture 050 (Custom).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 051 (Custom).jpg
    Picture 051 (Custom).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 7

Back