Mainlyamaha ride

BETHEVIPER

Life Member
Well after years of trying, one more time wont hurt. New name and new bunch of guys on the site to pull from.

Febuary 8th, 9th, 10th :bling:

I will be talking with Dave tomorrow to hash things over and see if on the southern end he can help to get people together for ride sharing or a caravan of 100 or so pickups to come up with sledders.

Lets show those guys out in the U. P. what a ride can be!!!!!

Commit now to this ride if your in, the more that commit the more will come as alot of people would like to meet the guys they talk to.

Well first off, let me say that I hope to see many of you up for this ride. I have talked to many over the years, sold you parts, helped you with your sleds or bought something from you. Nice to put a face with the name.

The reason I chose Houlton for the ride is simple. I live here. As lazy as this sounds there is more to that decision than my laziness. I-95 comes right into town, drive off the interstate right to your hotel. There are many hotels and places to eat. Mcguire Motorsports is right in town and are very helpful. My shop, Aroostook Auto Glass(shameless plug) is also available for anyone who needs to do some midnight repairs if nessasary. Another nice benifit is that if we have an off trail adventure, i have many friends to help us out in most all the areas we will be riding.

Hotels in the area are:

Ivey's Motor Lodge http://iveysmotorlodge.com/
Ivey,s would be my first choice, Rick the owner is a great guy and there is a pub there. A walks distance to a couple resturants and another bar.

Stardust Motel http://www.stardustmotel.biz/
They are up the street about a mile, no bar, just hotel with reasonable rates.

Shiretown Motor Inn www.shiretownmotorinn.com
They are located accross the road from Ivey's. There is a bar there as well and a Governers.

All of the above Hotels are on the trail, as in trail runs behind them.

http://www.mesnow.com/

REGISTRATION: The Maine snowmobile trail system operates on a sled registration system. There is no trail pass required, but all Maine residents and non-residents must register their sleds in Maine to ride in Maine.
Resident Registration is $33 (one year), commencing from July 1. Non-residents have three options - a 3 consecutive day registration is $43; 10 consecutive days is $58 and a full season is $68. (Plus an agent's processing fee of $1-$2) Non-resident registrations note the dates for which they are valid. You can register at numerous agent locations throughout the state - a list of Registration Agents is available on the IF & W site as well. You can also register through the mails or purchase a resident renewal or non-resident season registration on-line at the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife web site .

The only details on the ride so far is that saturday morning will involve going to Meduxnekeg Ramblers for breakfast buffet. Very good.

link to ty ride 4stroke thread http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=400020#400020

If there are any questions, ask away. Dave will be helping me with this. Tomorrow I will let him know that he is

Last edited:

scott i will plan on being there this year and i'll try to bring my buddy warren kelly with me, i believe you know him. he does some of the work on my srx, and i'm sure if blue bullit can get away he'll be there.

larry

i was thinking maybe but i just mapquested it & it is over 10 hour trip.maybe febuary is a long time away

guys in the south, you may want to check out the 4 stroke side as well. There will be people comming up from out of state and you may be able to work out rides. There is a guy from New York that might be coming already(hi matt).

post your interest and others may contact you for information and maybe a ride sharing effort.

the trails in northern maine are amazing.

dave and i will be riding before then and will decide as we get closer, hope to go south from houlton if we can. weather is looking great for the ride though.

hi all my name is brian i live in gorham maine and i have 8 yamahas yes 8 im addicted what can i say i also have a friend who is all yamaha and i think we might be up for this kind of thing do you have any more info thanks

I'm thinking of going up for the ride , if anyone from the Cumberland area is interested I have room in my trailer and truck. Let me know , Dana

TY ride

Scott, I will be there and most likley the wife too. Looking at driving up from Bangor Sat morning and staying Sat night and leaving sunday. I took the week off from work so I might come back up and ride during the week after. Thanks, Terry
ps, sent you a pm , need some parts!

got ya beat !

srxbully said:
i was thinking maybe but i just mapquested it & it is over 10 hour trip.maybe febuary is a long time away

It'll be more like 12 hrs for me! If you have never been to maine....... well, you won't want to ride NY anymore! Nice people, great food, awesome scenery. We loved it so much we are talking about moving there!

be there

Ill talk to the wife tonight when she gets home. I'll start looking for lodging awihle. I think were coming for 10 days. I know were definately coming up but where were staying is up in the air. Also...how long does it take to get to Lakeview from Houlton?

lakeview from houlton is about 2hrs fast riding, 4hrs leasure riding. One day will be up in the county riding with a stop at lakeview.

Back