SXR is going under the knife...

Coles_55

Well kind of, just throwing on some adjustable transfer rods, CB's drop brackets, reed spacers, bored out silencer, my old Sportech handguards, and hopefully if I find my skid plate (which I am still looking for). I will post pictrues and details as I get into my new sled. Also going to post some pictures of what I did last weekend, cleaned up the entire sled, painted the grills white, and greased everything.

I will take some as soon as I can, probably this Friday or maybe when I get back from Texas.....

Coles_55 said:
Well kind of, just throwing on some adjustable transfer rods, CB's drop brackets, reed spacers, bored out silencer, my old Sportech handguards, and hopefully if I find my skid plate (which I am still looking for). I will post pictrues and details as I get into my new sled. Also going to post some pictures of what I did last weekend, cleaned up the entire sled, painted the grills white, and greased everything.
What are those, what do they do, where do you find them? Assuming it raises the front end?

Pics as I promised.....

Well the transfer rods are on, reeds are notched, clutch is dialed and ready, drop brackets are completed, handgaurds and riser check, now all thats left is to put the rear wheels back in and wait til after this weekend to finish up on removing a layer of the head gasket, and hopefully if KING OF THE LAKE is going to let me buy the skid plate, all I will need is a windshield and the sled should be done for the year until next year......................

Attachments

• SXR 001 (Small).jpg
    SXR 001 (Small).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 9
  • SXR 002 (Small).jpg
    SXR 002 (Small).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 13
  • SXR 005 (Small).jpg
    SXR 005 (Small).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 22
  • SXR 006 (Small).jpg
    SXR 006 (Small).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 29
  • SXR 007 (Small).jpg
    SXR 007 (Small).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 10
did ya lean it out some on the jetting?? that wakes those up pretty good too, run 142.5 mains on all 3 and drop the needles by simply putting both shims on top of the clip, they are good to -20 below anyways, maybe more, those were really rich from yamaha stock.

Your gonna love that sled, its a giant step forward for ya from your last sled, have a blast this year!! :wel:

Ya I was thinking about that as well, but I may have my brother hel me on that cause I have never jetted a sled and he has jetted tons of crap so I will wait for him.

And I dont want to cut a perfectly good windy when I could maybe just sell it and buy the one I want...

Coles_55 said:
And I dont want to cut a perfectly good windy when I could maybe just sell it and buy the one I want...

Good point! I guess I cut mine down cause it was a POS anyways lol.

Well I got everything back in and where its all supposed to be, just have some finishing up to do, but I will leave that til the weekend.

But I lied, it doesnt sit where it did in the picture, as soon as I put the bolts back in the transfer rods and really brought the rear end down. I will take some pictures and I need some feedback on how it sits. I think its right but we will see.

Back