Fly or Drive??

tomseal6

VIP Member
Hey guys,

Its about 1500 miles one way to Munising and with the gas prices right now I was wondering if it would be cheaper to fly home. Its kinda looking that way right now since I can get round trip ticket for $500

I wouldnt be able to ride my SRX this year cause its down here with me but I have the MTN Apex to ride. My MTN Apex is in St. Ignace Michigan and i would just have to ride it to Munising to get to the TY ride.

ONLY dilema would be is...... Will we have snow. If we dont, I'll be screwed.

If we only had snow in Muni this year, my sled is in a trailer at my uncles and would somehow have to get it up to Muni

Tom,

Pending snow and any unforseen issues, I could pick your sled up in Saint Ignace on the way up of course once again if I have an extra spot in the trailer.

Which Munising ride did you say you going on?

If I was you I would heavilly on flying myself, as long as these other tangibles can be ironed out.

Mike

I will be on the January 9th-13 muni ride

That MTN Apex is BIG!!! will it fit in your trailer?? So you think I should lean heavily on flying?

I dont mind driving the sled to muni, but I would need a really good trail map and PLENTY of snow!!!

Can anybody supply me with a good trail map of the Easter Upper Peninsula?

Last edited:
I am going to wait till about mid december if I decide to buy a plane ticket and go by the forecast.

I could be talked into picking up your sled and taking you to Canada... Fly to Lansing, and bring your passport. I hope the track is still 2.25?

Track has a 1 on it now but I have the 2.25

Lots of variable that could happen right now for my vacation but will a Government passport work?

good thing my trailer is heated and has lights, can do your track swap in about an hour... I have the tools. Gvt passport should work, as we have not been asked for our DL all the time anyway.

What dates are you planning this?

I was also making plans for the muni ride Jan 9th-13th.

The sled is at my uncles in Saint Ignace.

I have no clue how to swap the track on that thing.

track swap is easy, but having the special socket to reach the nut on the top shaft helps a lot, as the jackshaft is a few in longer than the 2 strokes. The rear skid is so easy to pull out its almost funny. Dates? when the weather works, but if there is enough snow, something can be planned...

Back