gettin the srx ready

shavedheadedyamaha

i just bought the sled about a month ago and put hood pin, new plugs, new belt, and windsheild clips.... i just bought a new track and bumper and i'm getting the seat recovered, hifax and skis on fri... i'm going to take the air box off i have the cone filters for the carbs... is there anything going on with the air box that i need to do/know before i remove it... or anything else that would be recomended to do to get it reddy for the snow.... and it starts one the first try everytime.... :letitsnow

Attachments

• Picture 006 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 006 (Medium).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Take those pod filters back to where you go them and get your money back!! They are a tuning nightmare, extremely sensitive to temp/pressure/elev changes, and you will enjoy buying numerous pistons using them. Hard to get a starting baseline too, gotta go way up in jet size. Stick with the factory airbox, they are highly engineered to match your engine for a reason. Pods are good for grass dragging only IMO.
For other items to check....suspension bushings, check W-arm for cracking, clean carbs unless you are confident they are, check fuel lines especially at spring clips for any cracking, same for oil lines, check carb boots/instake boots for cracking, check choke plungers on carbs are freely moving and adjusted with slight freeplay, check bushing and buttons on secondary clutch, check all moving parts in primary, look for cracking at base of primary, clean and adjust powervalves. Check all tie-rods/heim joints in front suspension. Check/adjust drive chain tension and oil level. If ambitious, pull cover and inspect gears/chain/bearings for wear. Check anti-freeze temp rating and level. Fill up oil tank! Check that plugs are BR9ecs, that's what should be used in an SRX. Look generally over the various wiring on the sled, and look for spots where wires are chafing, etc. Grease up all lube points on sled. That'll keep you going for a couple hours...LOL

Last edited:
cool thanks guys alot the sled i got the filters off of has a hole in the side of the block with a rod hanging out... that could of been a sign .... anything else i should do

just take the self out of the airbox,& if you can find a cold air kit from bender pick that up.tranfer rods,& dial those clutch's.(thats the biggest improvment i ever saw with my srx)..

to day i just pulled the old beatup track aout and have the neww 144 in but have to put the sid backin tmarrow when i get new hifax.... i should have new skis on the way when a member sends them.... i just bought a sandblaster cab and going to clean the pipe and get the motor all cleaned... she should be ready for the snow and i hope it does.....

Back