just bought a 99 srx 700

If it was done under warrantee by Yamaha, your local dealer can run the VIN number and tell if it was done. Otherwise you couldn't tell without tearing the motor down.

like roadrunner said, take vin number to dealer, he can tell you. there were a small number of '99's , most were '98's.
I have a '99 and had problems with it. it was fixed under warranty (even a month after the 3yr. was run out) and it runs strong as ever.

Some 99s did have problems, and just do what Roadrunner said and run the VIN through the dealer. I have 3000 miles on my 99, and I know mine hasn't had the crank issue taken care of, and I would think if it was gonna have problems, it would have done it in the first 1000-1500 miles.

I bought my 99srx new and have never had any issue with mine regarding the crank. Of the few 99's that did have problems, people were saying that a studded sled was more likely gonna have issues. Well I studded mine with 192 the first week and had it studded until approx 5000 miles. I long tracked it and now have approx 12,500 miles on it, without even an engine rebuild. Its compression is 125psi across all three without oil placed in the jugs. I always have used synthetic oils. Just a note; my sled was the last 99 that this dealer was gonna get from Yamaha. He was sold out. I might have a later production 99, not sure though, you really need to check the VIN. Enjoy your SRX you will love it.

Back