snow in u.p today

Not a touch of snow yet. They are talking about some huge waves on superior tonight. I really want to see that. Never seen waves the size they are talking on HNN.

I'm here in the keewenaw, and no snow yet. It was trying to when I came out of class on campus at noon. Jeep Therapy, you should come up to Houghton, I'll show the best view of huge waves. Probably a little close for comfort.

You get enough snow up there to ride I might just be up :) Presque has a very cool blow hole if the waves are going the right direction. With 6-8ft waves the blow hole shoots water up around 15ft or so. I just can't imagine what it will be like with 20 footers. I know what you mean about the whole too close for comfort. I have camped up that way a few times. The last one was Ft. Wilkins up in copper country. Very cool area!

Back on topic; I just ran the first heat cycle on my top end and newly installed bender pipes. I was cycling the RPMs as directed. The thing sounds AWESOME! Just about the second rip of the throttle the snow started coming down hard. I think it was a sign. :) But I think I best get out and get her started up again, the snow quit now that I came in the house. But my eyes are still burning from the two stroke. :)

someone asked for a picture :)

snow.JPG

That is wild - snow is in the prediction for the rest of the week - my cabin is east of Melstrand and I haven't been up to get it ready for winter yet - now I'm nervous - keep us updated!! :brr

Just checked again, snow at my place in Negaunee is at 10 inches at 8am. I measured on my grill both times. So that is about an inch an hour.

Here in town of Houghton and Hancock, we've gotten about two inches. Out of town out of the valley here, there's about 5-8 inches.

i heard about 14 in. in ishpeming. Didnt see it but have friends that live there and had to drive in for school. Said the roads were a mess and it took forever for them to get in to school.

Wow, didn't think Ishpeming got that much. They are only 3 miles from here. We are still sitting at about 10 inches at 11:30 am. Of course they had to go and plow the alley... Had they not ran the plow down the alley I would have taken the Viper up and down it a couple times.

snow out heres in quebec up in the mountains,12 inches today and plus the 12 inch base they already have = riding this weekend:)

Wow, that picture is just pure torture. They're calling for snow in SD next week, hopefully the nights will stay cold to freeze the ground and then we'll get 8"-12" so I can do a little riding. Would be the first time in a few years that we were able to ride before Thanksgiving.

Absolutely nothing on the ground here in Newberry...yet. But there is some very light corn snow starting to fall as I type.

If you guys do ride, please be careful where you ride. Mess up a few landowner's hunting plans, and no more trails.

Back