headlight swaps

shavedheadedyamaha

does anyone know how i could swap my stock head light for a 98 srx 700 trip to a ultra white or i want a blue tinted bulb..... i think mine is all one *** but i need one that i can change like a holigen ( or how ever you spell that) any help would be greatly needed
thanks

yeah get any type h4 bulb that you desire..just dont cook the stator with to high wattage of a bulb.

try to stay around the same wattage bulb as you got.i believe it is a 55/60..but i believe there is more room to play with on a single beam than a dual beam sled.don would know more about what your sled is capable of producing.but i know not to go anywhere near a 100/90 watt bulb from experience.but a silver star or another brand will be brighter than a stock bulb & still draw the same juice.

Ok, who is Don so i can ask him. I did a search and some people run a 100/90 but I thought that was pretty high as well. I was looking for something in the middle of those 2.

so you can change out just the bulb on a 98 700 srx.... i dont want to change out the whole light..... if its a holigen i need to know where to get the bulbs unless they are the same as car/trucks

yes you can change just the bulb..it is a type h4..you can get them at any auto store or even wal-mart.

In my vmax 500 single headlight & my buddies 700sx (same as any other single bulb headlight & this will work for dual bulb too) I swapped out the stock bulb for a sylvania silverstar same wattage as stock and same connection type. just pull the old one out and put the new one in. it makes a huge difference over stock alot brighter whiter light. they cost about 30 bucks for two of them and you can get them at wal-mart/any parts store. Only thing is, they make the tail light dim when braking, but this is fixed by simpley puting in a red led tail light, again, same connection as stock, and it is a common bulb. They can also be found at most parts stores, and maybe even wal-mart these days. The taillight typicaly costs under $10.

In my opinion, after reading up on alot of different options for brighter lights, I think this is the cheapest & easiest way to do a good job achieving brighter headlights.

right on i will problly do that but i think i'm going to go with the blue tinted headlight like the newwer cars have... like the lexus but yea the tail like sound like a good idea to...

dont know how blue your looking for, but the silverstars IMO due give off a blueish tint.

Oh, and up top i said the brake light will dim when braking, I meant the head lights will dim alot when breaking with the silverstar and no led taillight.

Last edited:
Bigger is BETTER..... I have ran the 100/85 watt bulbs for years....

Back